Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Quigley Update


I get lots of queries about old Quigley and how he's doing. And for those of you who don't know the sad story of how Quigley ended up being adopted by a family in Charlotte, I'm not gonna get into it (it depresses me to tears). However, I have been in contact with the couple from Charlotte from time to time about Quigley's well-being, and I'll be damned but Quigley has a blog now. I recently got an email with the link and it appears that Quigley's new "mom" started a blog last month about his and his new brother's adventures. And I get a little melancholy, to say the least, over the whole thing - but when you see the pictures on the blog, it's undeniable that he's having a time. A great time. I got very lucky with the people I gave him to - they treat their dogs like kids (they don't have any yet, they're in their late 20's). Above is a picture from Quigley's blog (he looks like he's tanned and rested, but don't call it a comeback). If anyone wants the link, I will give it out. But I'm not sure that the girl who started it intended for the degenerates (and even the cool normal people) who read this blog to stalk her blog. So, I'm not gonna post it here. The funny thing about this whole blog silliness is this - I inspired Geilfuss to start a blog last Thanksgiving (his 1st post is priceless, as he talks about walking home from Get Bent Lounge on Thanksgiving Eve alone and getting picked up by some random girl) & then Keith started a blog back awhile ago on his MySpace page (it's all about NASCAR, I have tried to read it twice and am at a total loss). Now Quigley has a blog himself - and if we had to take a vote and decide who is the clearest, most lucid writer of all the guys I've inspired - I dare say The Quigley Dog (as my Mom liked to call him) would win, hands down.


I got mad hits like I was Rod Carew



No comments: