Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Vagaries Of Gambling On The Futbol De Norteamericano


In the news yesterday there was talk about several elections going on in a few states and I had no idea (we're in the heart of football season, so...). Anyway, upon learning this, I drove to the nearest retirement community and sure enough there was voting going on (as readers of this blog know, I don't vote - it's for suckers AND I don't want jury duty. Not to be coarse, but I would rather have Horseface straddle my mouth with her repulsive vagina than serve on jury duty). So, I walked up to the old broad running the polling place and she said "Last name please?" and I said "I'm just here to find out if there is any way I can vote against Obama?" She didn't laugh...

I guess the results of these meaningless elections yesterday mean bad news for our messiah, Barack Hussein Obama, as all his minions on the ballot got their asses kicked. I'm not too surprised, as I'm guessing all the worthless folks who voted for old Barry last year were too busy hoisting 40s and kicking it with their homegirls to actually take the 5 minutes to run over to the nearest retirement home and vote. I wouldn't get too concerned if I were old Barry. He should be more worried about that repulsive wife of his kicking his ass for going down on Oprah (allegedly).

The socialized health care mess is still dragging on. It seems like it's been going on for 6 months. And people still don't want it. When will Barry, Pelosi, and that rat Harry Reid give up on this nonsense?

I was out watching Sunday Ticket the other day (I went to Scams, as I couldn't bear the thought of sitting near the moron Raven dudes at Playas again). This time I got to be annoyed by Jets fans. If anyone is under the impression that New York sports fans are somehow sophisticated about things, let me disillusion you of that - as these people were retards. They kept going on and on about Mark Sanchez's poise. It was nauseating. When Ted Ginn Jr returned his 2nd kickoff for a TD in the 3rd quarter, I turned to these Jets people and said "Chope!" They, like the old lady at the polling place yesterday, didn't laugh...

Everyone will be happy to know that Geilfuss and I are alive in the Survivor League. The problem is that 56 other guys are too. But I bet we're the only guys standing who've used both Washington and Seattle so far.

Readers of this blog may recall back in the spring I predicted that Favre would come back, and torch the Packers in Lambeau. You might also recall that I said I would place a sizeable wager on Minnesota in the game. Well, the game happened Sunday and I did put a big bet on the Vikings, and as I predicted, they crushed Green Bay. I'm prescient. No doubt about it.

The vagaries of gambling will make weak people go insane. We (me, Andy, Tyson, Mark and Luke of the Jacoby's and Steve) were flying high (somewhat high anyway) for the 1st six weeks of the season. Then things got weird. Oct 17th I had a good day working as NW covered the number against Sparty. Later I hit another big one with Idaho. Well, it seemed like a good day and it was, but it should have been so much better and I'm convinced what transpired that Saturday started a bad streak that ruined our little gambling club thingy just a week later. I had a 4 teamer working and it was looking golden, all that was left was for USC to hold on and cover against Notre Dame. The Trojans were up 34-14 with just over 10 minutes left and choked. They ended up winning by 7 (we had them at -10). Okay, no great loss right? Wait, on the late Pac 10 game I had a big bet on Washington at Arizona State (the Huskies were getting 6&1/2). The game is tied at 17 with half a minute left, U Dub punts, ASU takes over at midfield. They run a deep pass and the Huskies safeties let 2 receivers get behind them - 2! ASU scores and wins 24-17. Awful. Just awful. But it seemed okay a bit because we were still up quite a lot on the day. Well, the next day was bad. Seattle and Philly got rocked and then then the Bears could have saved us, but inside the Falcon 10 they had an interception, lost fumble, and turned it over on downs. AND they STILL could have covered the 3&1/2. Alas, no dice. Then the following week was the really bad one. And the lesson is this - if the weekend of the 17th had gone as it should have, the big losses of the following weekend would have been completely mitigated. As it happened the Dolphins blew a 21 point lead to the Saints and gave up a pick six with right around 2 minutes left to lose by 12 (although they still had a chance to cover as they drove the ball all the way to the 8 yd line as time expired) and the G Men were atrocious. So, don't take any game for granted. Every bet is vital. Even if you're 5 and 1 on a day - you still want to get every last dollar you can. It could come back to be very important later. On a happier note, I killed them this past weekend. And not just with Favre either. Temple, Illinois, and the Chicago Bears were huge. Hell, I even won on the Carolina Panthers. They were getting 10 in the desert and won outright. I was giggling...

I saw the De Niro/Pacino thing last week. It's called Righteous Kill or something. Anyway, don't waste your time. It's silly and you can see the "twist" ending coming like 15 minutes into the thing. As for the 2 leads, well they seemed to be mailing it in. They were no better than Donnie Wahlberg for God's sake. In fact Pacino looked bizarre. I have no idea what was going on with his hair. It looked like something you'd see on a dude in a bar off Ritchie Highway...

You might be wondering why I haven't written lately. Well, it's a long and pointless tale, much like life itself. And I won't bore anyone with the details. I'll try and do better moving ahead.


I'm out.

No comments: