Wednesday, January 9, 2013

God Is Angry At Irish Fans

Miss Webb seemed pleased that the Irish choked... 

Well, we learned 2 important lessons from that unwatchable football game Monday night in No Life Stadium down in South Florida. 1) God is very pissed at Regis Philbin, Dick Vitale, Vince Vaughn, and the Catholic Church in general. 2) TOSU ended the season as the only unbeaten team in major college football. It was a rout from the kickoff, which surprised me quite a bit. As I mentioned in the write-up Monday, I bet on the Irish +9&1/2. That bet was clearly done by halftime when the Tide was up 28-0. I had one other bet that night - the Utah Jazz -5&1/2 against Dallas. That bet hit by half a point as the Jazz pulled it out late 100-94. Yet another example of the vagaries of gambling. I got killed on the BCS Title game, yet made it up on a silly mid-season NBA game in Salt Lake City...

I was sitting at the infamous Kicken Chicken Sunday watching the Colts gain over 400 yards on the Ravens and managing to get only 9 points out of it & watching dozens of Washington fans fill up the joint in anticipation of their game against Seattle, when Jittery Falcon Fan stumbled by. Only instead of wearing his normal cheap #33 Turner shirt tightly tucked into cheap jeans, Jittery was sporting a hideous Hawaiian shirt tucked into cheap jeans. I was taken aback a bit, to say the least. I asked Jittery why the change in uniform from his usual get-up. He explained that he was there with a couple of his half-Filipino kids. I said, "Daddy day care?" He replied. "No, I just enjoy watching them shove shitty cheese fries down their throats." I said, "Gotcha." Then I walked away quickly to sneak outside to smoke...

A Seahawk Fan
Speaking of the Washington professional football team, I changed my pick from what I'd put on this blog last week. I ended up taking Seattle -3. Needless to say, I was kicking myself a bit when Washington went up 14-0 after 2 long TD drives. Then Bob Griffin started looking really wobbly. He was limping all over the place. He couldn't plant on his back foot when passing, thus the football was sailing all over the place on him. At one point, just before half, I said to a kid next to me, who also had a bet on the Seahawks, "I sure hope they keep Bob in the game. Because if they do, it's only a matter of time until Seattle runs away with this." And I'll be damned, but Washington inexplicably left Griffin in the game until his knee snapped again with like 6 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. And the Seahawks won by 10. If I were a fan of the Washington football team, I'd be pretty upset with Mike Shanahan right now. Not only did leaving Griffin in the game probably cost Washington the game, but now Griffin might be out 8 months. Hell, even if Griffin does come back in time for next September, who's to say he'll ever be the same???

I've been meaning to mention this for awhile - readers here in the Gate City may recall that before the mayoral election in November 2011, I derided Robbie Perkins pretty hard. I basically called him a smarmy Nixon-esque crook. At least that's how he struck me. Well, Perkins hasn't been indicted or anything, at least to my knowledge, but his smarminess is no longer in question. Perkins left his wife some time ago for some other gal. Now, that's not cool, but it also doesn't  prove he's a terrible person. Here's what he's done since he ran out on his wife - he hasn't been paying the mortgage on the home he and his wife shared - foreclosure is imminent.  That's not the worst of it though. Perkins and his soon to be ex have a teenage daughter. And to spite his soon to be ex, Perkins hasn't been paying any child support. In case you don't know, Perkins reportedly makes around half a million dollars a year with his commercial real estate business. And he hasn't been providing for his teenage daughter. What a swell guy our fair mayor has turned out to be. As always, there was something about the guy that just seemed off to me. Unfortunately, I was right again...

Big news for readers of this blog - Dave White, bartender extraordinaire, is gonna loan me a boxed set of  Sly Stallone films he bought when he was serving over in the Middle East for the US Army. He said he got the set for like 20 bucks on the streets of some city over there that I probably shouldn't say the name of. What I'm gonna do is attempt to watch all these films in this boxed set & blog about my impression of each film. It should be an interesting undertaking, to say the least...




1 comment:

PC said...

I'm no Musburger, but that Ms. Bama sure has some prominent...teeth.