Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christian Laettner Revealed As Scummy Fraud


Big news out of the world of Duke basketball. Not on the court. But off it. And this news is huge. Recent reports in various newspapers have divulged the fact that Christian Laettner and his old "roommate" Brian Davis are being sued left and right by folks (including Shawne Merriman) who they bilked out of millions of dollars. Evidently Laettner and Davis sold investors on tales of urban renewal in places like downtown Baltimore. And the duo has failed to live up to promises made to these moronic investors. I don't feel too bad for the Merrimans of the world. They deserve to lose a fortune for getting mixed up with ex-Devil teammates and lovers (allegedly). Why you would trust Laettner (remember the kid stomped on a Kentucky Wildcat player's head) is beyond me. But it does go to show that, as is usually the case, I was right in thinking that Laettner was a no good scumbag. I had that feeling back in the early 90's. There was something off-putting about the kid. I had the same feeling about The Tiger for the longest time. And I was dead on there as well. In the Laettner case, it took almost 20 years for his scumminess to come to light to the rest of the world. But now it has.


Speaking of downtown Baltimore, I had occasion to wander the streets around 1st Mariner Arena from time to time for several years. And the only renewal I ever observed was the daily renewal of bums pissing in alleys and begging for a free smoke.


Speaking of being right, last year I said that this health care debacle would not be undone by Congress. I said that the US Senate would never vote to undo it. And that is exactly where we're at. John Boner and his boys will vote to repeal this mess soon. But the whole thing is a nonstarter in the Senate. The only chance to get rid of it, or at least portions of it, is in the courts. This "individual mandate" that I railed against most of 2009 may well be deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court here in the next 2 years. It should be. Forcing individuals in this country to purchase health care is tyranny of the highest order - completely against everything the founders fought for back in the day.


Speaking of health care, I don't have any insurance at the moment. Nor do I want any. I've only had coverage for 3 years of my adult (I use the word adult loosely) life. If this individual mandate is not undone via judicial means, I look forward to being thrown in jail for refusing to join in on buying the mandated insurance. Those will be fun days. I can finally be a martyr for a just cause, much like Joan of Arc, Joan Rivers, Joan Didion, Joan Holloway, or even Joanie Cunningham from Happy Days. Take your pick. As far as not having insurance, my belief is that if I'm in dire straits health-wise, the medical professionals should let me suffer and die. It's my choice. It's my right. Do not put me in a mountain of debt to save my pitiful life. Let me die. People who are abject failures like yours truly, folks who have failed so miserably in this world that they don't even have a shitty enough job to carry insurance, deserve to die. We failed in life. There must be consequences for our failure. At least in a just society there ought to be.


Speaking of health issues, I ranted last month about Scotty Card from the Rhino here in the Gate City. I was pretty cruel concerning his being mixed up with a cult (The LDS to be exact). And maybe I shouldn't have done that. Because Card had a stroke over the holidays. The idiot wrote about it in the latest must-read issue of the Rhino. This kind of thing has happened a number of times over the 26 month life of this stupid blog. One example being that just a few weeks after I made a snide comment about the loser MSNBC host Keith Olbermann's mother 2 years ago, she died. I may have more power in that area than I was ever aware of. That said, I do wish Mr Card a speedy recovery from his stroke. Without Card, there's one less Mormon freak to mock. And that would be a damn shame.


I'm at the Generic Bread on Lawndale and there are 2 aged women at the table in front of me. I'm catching a little of their conversation. It seems to be revolving around nipple rings and cock-and-ball torture. Certainly enlightening.


NFL playoff time is here again and today starts the not so wild Wild Card round. As for the gambling aspect of these games, there are a few spots I like. The Seahawks are getting 10 at home. You have to bet them. In tonight's clash, I like the Under of 44 &1/2. Tomorrow is in my opinion the day of reckoning for both the KC Chiefs and Ron Mexico. Take the Ravens and the Cheese. Matt Cassel, meet the 20. And Ron Mexico, meet Clay Matthews.


As far as Monday's game between the Ducks and Auburn, the total is 74. That is too high for a "title" game. Teams tend to play tight and not-to-lose in these affairs. As for the winner, I could care less.


A woman across the way just said the last episode of MASH aired in 1987. Way off. 4 years anyway. I don't want her on my trivia team. That's for sure.


In the end
There really is
There really is no difference








1 comment:

Geilfuss said...

Ross and I tried to call you the other night.....we found ourselves in a dive bar outside Delaware Park with Smedium than ventured over to gamble after we had gathered some liquid confidence.