Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kyle Singler Walks Into The Leon County Civic Center


Urgent Score Update: From Tallahassee, Florida - Noles 66 Duke 61. It has been over 10 months since our last Urgent Score Update, but watching last night's game made it worth the long wait. A kid named Kitchen came up huge for FSU. Kitchen was playing out of his mind. Duke was horrendous against the Noles' suffocating defense. The Devils jacked up like 37 3's on the night and exhibited no inside presence whatsoever. It was very enlightening. It reminded me of the days when if you defended Duke hard on the perimeter and denied the post, they were in trouble (who'd have thought they'd ever miss Greg Zoubek???). Last night may be a blueprint for other teams to try and follow. We'll see. Also of note is that last night's tilt was Duke's first true road game of the season. That's hard to fathom given that it's mid-January. The last Duke loss was in their last true road game prior to last night - in the Comcast Center to Greivis Vasquez and the Terps last March 3rd. It's amazing that a team can go like 25 games between real road tests. It was a dark day over in Durham. I witnessed it firsthand. Several of the ladies over there broke out into fits of tears during the course of the day. The guy I'm sitting next to inquired of me if I knew what was causing these ladies' agony. I told him it was all Leonard Hamilton's fault. The guy laughed, but I wasn't kidding.




Some interesting comments were left after the last post on this blog. And I'm gonna address them in order. 1) To the person who wondered if I could recommend a good gym, sorry but I really can't. I know Dave goes to the gym in Brassfield right near the Scams and he swears by it. 2) Geilfuss weighed in with the details of what went down last week at Delaware Park with Ross & Smedium. My conjecture on what might have happened wasn't far off at all. Scroll down and read it. It's amusing. 3) Not sure who left the comment about me being an asshole all the time. And that's okay. In fact anonymity is the beauty of the Internet. Let me say this to the commenter - I don't generally disagree with your assertion. It has a serious ring of truth about it. But I would take issue with being characterized as being on an "intellectual high-horse." Not the high-horse stuff so much as the intellectual part. I'm not even close to intellectual. I don't pretend to be. And as far as driving away potential readers of this blog, that is certainly never my intention. But remember, I'm not particularly looking for a vast readership of this blog. I've been doing it for 26 months to pass the time mostly. You'll notice that there are no ads on this blog. I don't allow Google to post them. I get nothing out of doing this beyond wasting an hour or two a few times a week. And I do try not to be an asshole all the time. Granted, I haven't been doing so well in that department the past 40 years...Alas...




I did catch an interesting film the other night. Something called Once Upon A Time In Mexico. It was mostly entertaining. Depp was pretty damn funny and the whole thing was pretty tongue-in-cheek. And that chick from Frida was in it, although all too briefly...




Sometimes you kick
Sometimes you get kicked












No comments: