Saturday, July 14, 2012

Meeting A Local Blogger


I was out last night at the old Wing Joint on Battleground. The usual crew was in there when I ambled in just before 10. It was largely uneventful as always. Drinking & running of mouths, the typical silliness. Big Tony was out and he was there with some guy he works with. This guy was militant looking. You know the type, all flat-top and blue slacks. The kind of guy I could easily see goose-stepping through Poland in the early 40's with the Waffen SS. He claimed we had met before. Of course many folks claim they've met me before. I'm sure he was right. I'm sure everyone who claims to have met me before is right for that matter. I didn't remember him. But that's not unusual, as I rarely remember anyone. It goes with the territory of being a narcissist like myself. Anyway, I got to chatting with this running buddy of Big Tony's for a bit and after a few minutes he informed me that he is a local blogger. Laurie was sitting nearby & quickly informed this dude that I too blog from time to time. He found this interesting. I think he assumed he'd met a kindred spirit or fellow traveller in the blog world. As all of you know, I'm not really in the blog world. I don't publicize this blog an any forum anywhere in the known world. What I learned from chatting with this local blogger was somewhat enlightening. I learned that there are a number of local bloggers around the Gate City who are all members of some group online where folks can go and peruse any number of local blogs about any number of local topics. Why anyone would want to do this is beyond me. But whatever gets you off is cool. Rock on. This militant looking cat, the one who runs with Big Tony from time to time, wanted to give me his card with his blog's information on it. He couldn't find one in any of the pockets of his cheap blue pants, but Big Tony had some of these cards and handed me one. I promised him I would check out his blog. I mean he was pleasant enough and all. And I'm not always a total asshole. So I kept my word and looked into his blog a bit ago. The card I received from Big Tony about the blog says Vie De Malchance Part Deux. I immediately thought about bad Charlie Sheen films, obviously. Hot Shots! Part Deux and all that crap. Under the title of the blog is some pertinent information. The blog address is on there for instance. He uses some site called wordpress. I've never heard of it. Then this local blogger, the guy who might have felt right at home in Bavaria in the mid-30's, made some claims about what the purpose of his blog was on this little business card type deal. The claims are as follows: Bloggers Terrorized, Politicians Mocked, Racists Vilified, Bigots Disparaged, Insurrections Fomented, and Bastards Sired. I was very interested to check out this blog after reading all these claims. I was super-excited to be frank. Particularly the part about bastards being sired. I have no idea how many bastards this local blogger has floating around Guilford County. But it might be quite a few. I could see the ladies really being interested in this guy. The type of ladies who frequent meth labs anyway. You can't go wrong with a meth whore. Here's what happened when I looked at the blog a bit ago. I typed in the address and read for about 30 seconds, lost interest, and scrolled down a bit. Then I became even more disinterested. The posts are very brief and about Gordon Brown taking dumps (I guess that would fall under the Politicians Mocked part of this kid's blog). As I mentioned earlier this local blogger is part of a whole mob of local bloggers. To the right of his posts are a scad of other local blogs listed. I decided, against my better judgment, to click on a few of them to get a real feel for the Greensboro blogging community. So I did. The 1st one I looked at had a picture of a bald man who resembled Uncle Fester. I quickly hit the back button on the browser. The 2nd one was a bunch of pictures of some woman's needlepoint. Back click again. The 3rd blog was about how terrible Obamacare is. I didn't read a word of it. I know how terrible Obamacare is. The 4th blog was not available as a lady named Susan noted she has quit blogging to focus on rearing children or doing meth or both. The last one I looked at mentioned a monkey being shot near Lexington. I love monkeys and gave up after that. The whole endeavor was a waste of time. But I promised the local blogger I met at Wing Joint that I would investigate this whole local blogging issue. And I have. So, there you go. 

Monkey Gone To Heaven

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ernie els. that's a win.