Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Russian Blonde Who Might Be From Ohio In The Future


Well, the fucking Faceshit struck yet again. Some of you may recall that back in the spring I became aware that a guy I knew back in 9th and 10th grade (and beyond to a certain degree - check out a post from back in that time frame with Electric Boogie Woman in the title). A short recap for those too lazy to search for the post (hell, I was too lazy to go back and find the exact date it was put up): turns out this guy I used to know has become a woman. My buddy Todd Myers linked me to a MySpace page that this guy has where he refers to him/herself as Electric Boogie Woman. Anyway, I hadn't thought much about Electric Boogie Woman after the post I wrote about 6 months ago or whatever. Then Friday, I noticed a friend request on the Faceshit. And I'll be damned but it was from the Electric Boogie Woman him/herself. Here is an actual back and forth I had over the last several days with the Electric Boogie Woman using the mail feature on the Faceshit (Note:my comments about the "conversation"will be in red, what I actually wrote to him/her will be regular black, as will what Electric Boogie Woman wrote to me):


EBW: Hi, _____ here from ____. Trying to connect with old friends. I assume he/she was sending out a generic message to everyone he/she ever knew, hoping to get replies. The problem is that he/she's picture is as a woman, and his/her first name has changed to a girl's name on the profile. Luckily, he/she put his old name and the school he went to in the little note. So at least folks who didn't know about the sex change would have a clue who the hell was friending them.


TBFH: ___, Todd actually gave me a link to your MySpace page about 6 or 7 months ago. Are you still married to that ambulance partner wife of yours? Also, I love the way you're presenting yourself as a woman online - it's hysterical. When I read your MySpace page back in the Spring, I got a big kick out of it. With Natalie (new female name he/she's using), I assume you're referencing the big chick from Facts Of Life - Mindy Cohn? Priceless. Good to hear from you, TBFH I know some of you might think this was unnecessarily cruel on my part. But, I couldn't help myself. He really does resemble Mindy Cohn a bit too.


EBW: 20 years later and I still can't tell when you're being sarcastic:) I assume you know the whole story. (I actually didn't know almost any of the story.) It turns out I was born intersexed, with 2 X and 1 Y chromosome. I went through gender transition about 7 years ago, and had surgery in 2004 (makes sense as 2004 was when John Edwards was running for President then the VP nominee for the Democrat Party). No one from high school or college will have anything to do with me. They're either afraid I'll turn them gay or god hates people like me. (Me- I can't be turned gay and I'm convinced God is dead. So, ...). I tried to get in touch with Todd and some other old friends last year, but every single one of them declined the request. You're the first person I've actually heard from. (That is sad. I'm the only person with the courtesy to write him back? Even if it was sarcastic in nature? At this point I wrote him/her again and was slightly sympathetic to his plight.)


TBFH: I'm always being sarcastic. I also don't understand how folks who claim to be God's children can turn their backs on someone, that has always puzzled me (it really has - these religious hypocrites...). Personally, I say Good Luck and I hope you're doing well - no matter the circumstances (and I meant that as sincerely as I possibly can). As for Todd, he's a good kid - one of the best friends I've ever had in my life. I'd give him a pass.


And that's how I left it with the Electric Boogie Woman. I had no idea about the intersexed thing. I'm not sure how he got married twice if he was intersexed (I'm not even sure what that entails exactly, which is a little embarrassing - but I think it means you've got both sets of equipment or not fully developed sets of any equipment - you gotta feel for the guy a bit). For what it's worth, I too declined the friend request on the Faceshit, not because of the sex change deal, but because the picture he/she is using freaks me out. I mean, if he/she looked hot as a chick, then maybe, but as a Mindy Cohn clone, nope.


Well, the folks I'm working with here in San Antonio from Atlanta left today (I'm heading out tomorrow myself, after 28 pointless and stupendously exciting days). And they had a going away get together last night at some joint called New Dork Bar. I decided to stop in for a bit to be nice. Well, it was pretty typical drinking and silliness. But, there was one situation I feel compelled to pass along. One of the guys in from the ATL had a number of Crowns (which is somewhat my fault, as I bought him 2 shots myself). Anyway, the kid was feeling it a bit. At one point he goes up to some blonde chick who is dancing away to some God awful song on the jukebox. No big deal. Well, my man Curtis was also at this get together and he was also feeling it (the poor guy is a Browns fan, you'd drink too), after several hours of knocking them back. So Curtis goes up to talk to this woman and turns out she was in from Russia. And the reason I bring all of this up is because at one point Curtis sarcastically asked this Russian if she was from Ohio (I guess she was asking about the Browns shirt Curtis was wearing), and here is what the Russian blonde said in reply, "I will be in the future, yes." So, when I heard all of this, I approached the Russian blonde chick who might be from Ohio in the future and leaned in to her ear and asked, "Have you ever been a mail order bride for a guy named J from Baltimore?"


Damn the Panthers let me down last night. They didn't run the damn football enough -exasperating.


A dream, too tired to come true
Left a rebel without a clue


If anybody is gonna be out around the town where Elaine Benes is from starting tomorrow night, you know where to find me - TBFH

No comments: