Friday, September 18, 2009

When A Gobbler Turns Hokie


I was talking to Curtis here in San Antonio about the whole Hokies vs Gobblers debate and he was asking what a Hokie was and I'm not sure - I think it's a made up, fierce looking, bird - whatever. Well, we both think Va Tech should have never changed their name from the Gobblers. It's really a shame. I used to work with an old drunk who went to Va Tech when the nickname was the Gobblers and he used to laugh his ass off when I'd bring it up (I had to fire him eventually for being lit on the job, and I didn't enjoy firing him - I hate firing people, especially drunks). Well, the reason Curtis and I were discussing the Hokies/Gobblers is they have a game with the Corn People tomorrow. For what it's worth, Curtis likes the Corn (they should be getting about 6 &1/2 or 7). Me, I like too many games. I'm gonna have to narrow down - you can get into a lot of trouble betting too many games. That and chasing - chasing is not good. I tell guys who are new to the sordid world of degenerate gambling to never chase. Never. Oh, and the Due Theory - the Due Theory will get you in so deep that the bookie will be fucking your girlfriend as partial payment (J is a big fan of the Due Theory, obviously).


I don't really have time for anything else today. I just wanted to put the picture up... (I know, I know, it's like I'm 12...)


I told you homeboy

No comments: