Saturday, April 17, 2010

10 Questions About Vegas Vacation


Extraordinarily busy here today, as I'm refreshing myself on some work I haven't done in about a decade. It's coming back to me though. The information is up in my head somewhere. Anyway, I am gonna have to keep this pretty brief as a result.


NBA playoffs are here and the 1st round match-ups aren't nearly as intriguing as I was hoping, especially in the Eastern Conference. Without Bogut, the Bucks will be severely limited against the Hawks. The Cavs should have their way with the Bulls, as the Bulls are the worst of the 16 teams in the playoffs. Charlotte/Orlando should be interesting. I'm really looking forward to those games. As far as the Heat and Boston, I don't see how Dwayne Wade will let the Heat lose that series. And the Celtics don't appear to have much in the tank. The West should be a little more compelling to watch. Kobe and Durant might put on an epic show here the next few weeks. Jazz/Nuggets will be super intense. The 2 other series don't look too great, on paper at least. Dallas had their way with the Spurs last year and I don't see why things would be any different this time around (especially with the additions of Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood). And the poor Blazers are in deep trouble without Brandon Roy. They will still be tough to beat in Portland, but the Suns are playing great tight now.


As far as today's games go, I like the Heat and the points. And the Jazz and the points.


I was out at that trivia game on Wednesday night again. And the guy running the thing asked a series of questions on the movie Vegas Vacation. A terrible, terrible movie. Awful. I tried to watch it way back in the late 90s I guess. I didn't remember almost anything about it (as evidenced by the fact that I only got 3 of the 10 questions correct). I was gonna ask the kid why he picked Vegas Vacation of all movies to ask 10 questions about, but then I overheard one of the teams talking about how they own the DVD (which should be grounds for arrest, obviously) and watch it often. So, I get that. The guy running the thing was doing a favor for a team that isn't so great at regular trivia. The funny thing was that after digging myself a huge hole on that Vegas Vacation round (down 6 questions), I still came back and won the game. How, you may wonder? Well, I was the only one in the bar to know that Christina Applegate won an Emmy as a guest star on Friends. That and I know who Jim Everett is. Or Chrissy Everett, or whatever you want to call him. So even when they try to rig the game so I can't win, I still win. The Vegas Vacation loving team was pissed when the game was over. I shrugged my shoulders. Then giggled.


By the way did anyone know that the name of the strip joint in Vegas Vacation was Club Areola? And did you care??? I didn't think so. Ridiculous.


Gotta run --->

No comments: