Sunday, April 4, 2010

Quigley Walks Into A Charlotte Checkers Game


A few Sundays ago, the hockey team in Charlotte, North By God Carolina, the Checkers, threw something called a Pooch Party. And Quigley's new people took him to the game. Which is utterly amazing. Amazing. In the past Quigley would have been scared to death of all the strange people, not to mention the strange dogs all over the place, and especially not to mention the noise from the hockey game itself. But somehow, if you look at the pictures of the event, and I have, Quigley looks like he's chilling out and taking it all in stride. Above is a picture of Quigley relaxing on one of the seats, checking out the hard-hitting hockey action.




Last night, during half of the huge Butler/Mich State tilt (and thank you Bulldogs, as they covered by half a point), CBS perpetrated one of the biggest farces in the history of broadcasting. They sent Clark Kellogg, an amiable dupe as it turns out (poor Clark, what were you thinking my man???), to play HORSE with our awesome tyrannical leader, Barack Hussein Obama. I'm not sure what journalistic value CBS thought came by airing such a spectacle. Whatever the motive, CBS looks like nothing more than toadies, water carriers promoting what Stalin would call the cult of personality. The piece went on for what seemed like 20 minutes. And I'm only glad the sound on the TV's at the wing joint on Battleground was too low to ascertain exactly how the conversation went between Barry and Special K. As far as the actual HORSE game, it seemed obvious that Special K threw the game. And I don't blame him a minute for that, as if he'd won I'm guessing a plane was waiting nearby to ship him off to GITMO. The other thing I took from watching this rigged "contest" was how horrible old Barry's form is when jacking up 20 foot jumpers. Let me just say this about Barry's basketball prowess - he would fit right in on any mediocre women's college team, as he was hoisting the ball toward the rim with some bizarre backspin. If you gave Barry some weave-like wig, small falsies, and a sports bra, he could suit up for the Lady Devils of Duke right now. I don't know if he could start for them, but he'd play a little, as a product of affirmative action if nothing else...




Speaking of our friends from Durham, I would be remiss if I didn't praise them a bit, as they too came through like champions last night, crushing Bob Huggins (who resembles a walking blubber-like corpse at this point) and getting that total to go over the 130 &1/2. My irrational hatred for Duke is always trumped by my desire to hit bets, so there was no bigger fan of the Devils in the world last night than yours truly. I kept yelling, "Micky gives the best hand jobs in North America!!! Go Devils!!!" I really did. No one seemed too offended, as the bar was full of Carolina fans. I don't know where the fake Duke fans were last night - puzzling.




After the game, WFNY News 2 had 2 reporters live in Durham to cover the celebration. What's funny about the coverage is that the streets were empty, there were no celebrants in sight. I chuckled a bit - Duke fans, even the real ones who go to school there, can't break away from their studious stupor for 30 seconds to go a little crazy over a Final 4 win, the first win for the Devils in the event since 2001. Although I'm guessing somewhere Collin Finnerty and his posse were NOT celebrating by inviting Crystal Mangum to "dance" for them...


A humiliating kick in the crotch


I'm out - TBFH












No comments: