Monday, August 30, 2010

Glenn Beck Throws A Revival


I spent part of Saturday watching the big, quasi-religious, and way too long (over 3 hours worth) Glenn Beck rally on C-SPAN. Now, as everyone knows, I have a difficult time masking my disdain for Beck. My biggest problem is that I tend to agree with him politically, and I find him to be such a clown that my agreeing with him makes me nervous. Of course the best way to look at it is that Beck tends to agree with me - and I can't do a thing about that. It's not my fault. My general impression of what I saw at the big rally is that it was too religious. Adults don't need other adults telling us that we need to turn to some mystical or mythical being to make ourselves and our country "better." It's pretty insulting. Having said that, there was something happening at the rally that goes way beyond the religious overtones. And yes, that something is political. Don't let anyone tell you differently. The fact that at least 100,000 (maybe significantly more) folks would waste a perfectly nice almost last Saturday of summer getting to and from DC to listen to Glenn Beck give a speech tells me that folks are even more upset and pissed with Barack Hussein Obama and his merry band of worshippers in the Democrat Party than I imagined (and I've noted on this stupid blog that folks have been pissed at all of them for at least the past year). Barry seems completely incapable of grasping this fact. Maybe he doesn't care. Maybe he shouldn't care. But the only reason Barry shouldn't care is if he has no intent to run for a 2nd term as our messiah (I'm not getting my hopes up, but it is a real possibility). As far as the speech that Beck gave the other day - it seemed more like something I heard as a kid when I was dragged to something called a revival meeting. Not quite the "you're going to hell" fire-and-brimstone those charlatans used to spew to generally poor and uneducated evangelicals in my pitiful youth. But similar to that. Strikingly similar to that. Me? I was bored by the charlatans back in the day and bored by Beck Saturday. And as I mentioned above, slightly insulted. In fact, I kept getting up from the couch to clean - that's right, I vacuumed and scrubbed the bathroom at one point. That's how little Beck was holding my attention. My favorite part of the day was when Beck bestowed a medal upon Fat Albert. I didn't quite catch what Fat Albert did to deserve this medal. Maybe for not getting caught using steroids or HGH??? The Cards did win the World Series a few years back, but they gave out rings to the winners already, so Fat Albert's been awarded something for that. Tony LaRussa introduced Fat Albert and I kept waiting for Beck to give LaRussa a medal for his drunk driving exploits. That and his friendship with that petty tyrant and disgraceful alumnus of TOSU, one Bobby Knight (granted, many folks would argue that I'm a far more disgraceful alumnus than Knight...). Again, the key thing to take away from all that happened up in DC is this - Barry and his crew have touched a nerve with a large portion of the electorate, and I got a feeling that the message will come in loud and clear to Barry in about 2 months. Just wait. As for Beck, he's to be admired or ridiculed or something for being able to get that many folks to come out for a phony revival-type show. But remember, the guy is still a joke. That won't change.




Speaking of Barack Hussein Obama, I mentioned his fixation on lobster and other seafood in my last post. And I'll be damned, but I was prescient yet again. Barry got up to say some words in NOLA yesterday and the main thing he mentioned was enjoying a shrimp po'boy while in town. MORE SEAFOOD! I just hope those poor folks in NOLA didn't have to put with with too much of Barry's seafood induced stinky and very loud farting. God knows they've been through enough the last 5 years...


I was out at the Wing Joint on Battleground for a bit Friday. And there was an old timer who staggered into the bar at about 10. His name was John. And old John was oiled up. He was hammered. Deep, deep in the bag. And he was looking for a little companionship. Now, I couldn't provide the kind of companionship old John wanted, but a few of the ladies at the bar could (and I use the term lady as loosely as possible). To that end, I kept talking up old John's chances with some of the ladies. In fact, I got old John to run up about a $130 bar tab in hopes that one of the regulars might be amenable to possibly pleasing old John in a sensuous manner. Alas, they all shot him down. I felt bad about that. I was doing all I could for the old timer. And by all I could, I mean that I was hoisting back as many shots as fast as old John could buy them. That, and lying to him about the availability of some of the "ladies" he was most keen on doing. I told him that Pam was my big sister and getting married in 2 weeks. That Laurie hates men. And that KC has very tricky to-deal-with venereal diseases. As for the woman pictured with old John at the top of this post, I don't know her well (or her name for that matter), but, I can report that she left, relatively unscathed, with 2 of her friends.


Speaking of the Wing Joint on Battleground, I was in there again Saturday evening. And Saturday was way more of a normal guys kind of night out that goes down there most of the time. Omar, Q, Goose, Steve, & Derek were out. I won't bore everyone with the typical silliness that occurs on a, well, typical basis. What is to be noted is this, because everyone has seen something similar to this happen in the town Elaine Benes is from - I made Derek spit beer out. But instead of just spitting beer out of his mouth, a la Andy. Derek spit beer out of his mouth and NOSE. I know all of you must be wondering what the hell I could have said that made a grown-ass man spit beer out of his nose. Well, I'm gonna tell you. One of Goose's co-workers from Longhorn was out. And that reminded me of another co-worker of Goose's who came out to the bar about a month or 6 weeks ago. What I was doing was speculating on the co-worker who came out back about a month or so. I was speculating on her sexual habits. Here's the exact speculation about Goose's co-worker's sexual habits that caused Derek to spit his beer out through his nose, I said - "Do you think they mind her using her vibrator on all 7 folds of her massive belly during play time at the group home?"


I exchanged a few messages with Mrs Rummer via the Faceshit after the recent post about playing Conrad Birdie (some of you might recall that Mrs Rummer was the director of the production). The messages were private, so I'm not going to share them explicitly here. That wouldn't be cool. But I can tell you that Mrs Rummer agreed wholeheartedly with me. She agreed I could NOT sing. She noted that the songs required attitude and that was one thing I had plenty of. Which I'm afraid is probably true. And then Mrs Rummer (noticed how I've dropped the "old") said something way too nice in her last message via Faceshit. She said I was a great actor and a very bright young man. I just wanted to publicly say thanks. So, Thanks, Mrs Rummer.


At last, niggaz rappin 'bout blunts and broads
Tits and bras, menage-a-trois, sex in expensive cars


I am out - Peace. TBFH








No comments: