Monday, August 16, 2010

No Whistling Dixie At Whistling Straits


The NY Jets are a 3 point favorite in tonight's irrelevant tilt in the new Meadowlands stadium. And I'm not too surprised by that. They are the home team and thus the crowd will be heavily pro Jets (mainly because they are playing their hated "city" rivals and it's the 1st game of the new stadium). Having said that, I like the G Men. The Jets have been getting way more run in the NY press than the Giants lately (a very unusual occurrence) and I'm guessing that the Giants are gonna play with at least some passion to knock the Jets off. Take the dog and the 3 points. Overall it was a good start to the gambling season, as we went 4-2-1 on the weekend (if you bet $100 a game, you were up $180). The only bad pick was the damn Rams. They got run over by Sage Rosenfels in a home game that you'd think they would've wanted to win to give their fans false hope for an improved season. Unlucky on the Seahawks Saturday night, as they were laying 3&1/2 and won by only 2. The Titans really tried to help by going for 2 down 20-16 late in the 4th quarter, but they made the conversion. Saturday also saw the Dolphins gain a push against the Bucs. I could complain about that, but many gamblers got the Fins -3&1/2 and lost. Friday was perfect, as both the Washington game and the Jags game went about exactly as I predicted. While the Jags ended up losing by a point, they fought like hell (as I said they would) and covered the 3. And yesterday, Mike Singletary drubbed the Colts by 20 points, just as I thought he would. The man hates to lose any time. And may have even used the game as some measure of fake revenge for the loss the Niners suffered at the hands of Indy last year. There are more games on the docket for the coming weekend that I like already. I'll try and keep everyone posted.




I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the big PGA Championship over the weekend. First, The Tiger was putting really poorly most of the time. I'm not sure when he's gonna get it back together. But, I will say this, as bad as he played at times, The Tiger scored better than anyone else would have in the same situation. I got a text yesterday from Andy after the officials ruled that Dustin Johnson had to take the 2 stroke penalty and miss the playoff. And Andy noted it was a bullshit grounding ruling. And I can sympathize with the kid, but I'd call it a case of shitty luck. The ruling was right. There didn't seem to be any intent to break the rules of golf, but Johnson still did. What's funny is that when DJ walked over to his ball there on the 18th, I said, "I hope someone tells the kid that might be considered a sand trap." Nobody did. And that's a damn shame. As far as Martin Kaymer is concerned - he deserved to win (it may also be the biggest news for Germany since the Reichstag fire in 1933). No one should begrudge the kid. Bubba Watson remembered he was Bubba Watson on the 3rd playoff hole and made a terrible decision on where to take that drop from the creek. He should look into getting a new caddy. That will probably be Bubba's only real chance at a major. He just doesn't play consistently well enough to be a continuing factor at majors. At least I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong. He seems like a hell of a good guy. All the fellas on tour better get their majors now, because barring injury or insanity, Rory Mcilroy is going to take over as the world's best player soon. In fact, the official rankings aside, you could argue the kid is already. He has no weak spot in his game. He's 21 years old. He shot a 62 on Sunday to win at Quail Hollow back in May. Damn.




I was in the Food Slug here the other day and this old bag checking me out at the "express lane (an oxymoron if one ever existed)" starts wanting to make chit-chat about some tune on their in-store music deal. The song was some crappy soft rock from the 70's (maybe Orleans???). And this multi-haired skunk-like checkout broad says to me "It's always nice to hear the songs from your youth. It makes you feel good." I replied, "Wouldn't a song from your youth come from the early 50's?" And she said, "Well...you know what I mean. I just like that I can understand the words." I said, "Why would you want to understand these words? They're mindless drivel." The checkout hag still wouldn't take the bait and get offended. Instead she tried one more time with this - "Well, it's still better than that awful rap. I can't stand that." I shot back, "No, this is way worse than most rap. And did you know by the way, B-I-G P-O-P-P-A, No info, for the, DEA..." The old lady said, "What, young man?" I walked away and on my to the doors looked back and said, "Christopher Fucking Wallace."


I was watching something called Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta the other night on TLC. And I gotta admit I found it fascinating. I had no idea women took getting a wedding a dress that seriously. Not to mention the bride-to-be's mothers, grandmas, sisters, aunts, etc. Those women are all crazy. I have never figured out why you would ever get married in the 1st place. But this aspect of the whole thing makes the institution of marriage even stranger, more bizarre, and pitiful. There was one chick on the show from La. that had tried on well over 100 wedding gowns. Seriously. The other thing that struck me is that these not so shapely and no so flattering gowns can go for 7 grand or more. What a racket. I would get in the marriage business racket myself - except I hate the concept of marriage. That and I wouldn't wanna deal with these brides and their female relatives. Something about the whole process apparently makes everyone crazy.


For some reason they are showing that 4 Weddings & A Funeral right now on AMC. It's silly. But that chick from Sex Lies & Videotape, she's something.


Girls walk to us, wanna do us, screw us


I am out - TBFH.














1 comment:

Phone Sex said...

It also offer callers a unique opportunity to experience sexual desires in a way that is completely safe and of course discreet.