Monday, February 1, 2010

Barry And Joe Walk Into The Phone Booth...


Urgent Score Update from DC: Hoyas 89 Duke 77. That's 3 losses for the coach who resembles Hitler just in the past few weeks. Dookies might be panicking a bit, as they are not good on the road. At all. The thing about all 3 of these losses that is similar, besides coming on the road, is that all 3 squads are coached by brothers. Brothers with no fear of Coach Kry. And in watching all 3 losses, I think there is something to the notion that Hewitt, The Pimp Coat, and Lil' John Thompson instilled a take no prisoners attitude with their teams before playing Duke. All 3 teams showed no hesitation in attacking right at the nonathletic Duke front line. Not to mention the soft guard play of Duke. I know fans of Coach Kry are taking some solace in the fact that old Roy and the Heels have been awful in January themselves. Maybe the solution for UNC is hiring Phil Ford to take over, or maybe just wait for Rasheed Wallace to retire from the NBA and hire him. And the thought of Rasheed Wallace coaching the Heels is awesome. I'm not getting my hopes up though.


The other thing that struck me about the big Hoya/Duke tilt Saturday is that old Barry and Joe Biden made it out to the Phone Booth for the game. And we all know that Coach K is a huge Republican. I bet Barry thoroughly enjoyed watching a tenacious supporter of his like Lil' John Thompson take it to the coach who resembles Hitler. Hell, even I did for that matter. It had to be good for old Barry to forget all his enormous errors and catastrophic mistakes for a few hours. The only problem was that Barry was there with Joe Biden. And Joe looked uncomfortable as always, as he seemed to be constantly fidgeting in his seat trying to cope with his medically induced massive boner. And the Hoya cheerleaders didn't look interested in aiding Joe. If you get my drift...


Speaking of our friend, Barack Hussein Obama, I did something the other night I hadn't done in over 2 years - I actually watched the guy speak for an extended period of time. The last time I saw him talk in more than sound bites was back in the fall of 07 in one of the debates the Democrat Party ran in Iowa or New Hampshire. And I mainly watched that because I find Dennis Kucinich entertaining (in a pitiful, Marxist way). Anyway, back then Barry struck me as another harmless liberal. But this past Friday, at some retreat in the Charm City, old Barry struck me entirely different. I watched the whole hour plus Q&A he did with members of the Republican caucus in the House. And Barry struck me as an angry, angry dude. I'm not sure who he's mad at exactly (I'm guessing it goes way back to his childhood). He seemed to have no patience for anyone who would dare to question or disagree with him. It was very telling. It's no wonder the guy has been such a failure so far. If he treats folks like that when TV cameras are on him, I can only imagine how much of a jerk he must seem like without worrying about his perception over the airwaves. Barry had a consistent look on his face of contempt for the folks asking him questions. He should be embarrassed. But I bet he isn't. And that's one reason why things are going so horribly for him. It really is. I'm not sure when, if ever, I'll look in on Barry again for an extended period of time. But, he's gotta do better than that. Even W at least came across as cordial to guys who he had to know utterly despised him.


Big snowstorm here in NC over the weekend. And that means things come to a complete standstill. Folks race to the Food Slug and buy up all the bread and milk they can before the snow hits, then stay inside for days on end. I have no idea why. Maybe they're looking for any excuse to gorge themselves on bread and milk for an extended number of days. I got out and about some and it was actually pretty pleasant on the roads. Because they were nearly deserted.


I got a text from Geilfuss the other day. And it seems that he is actually making money from his awesome blog. Geilfuss got a check from Google for nearly $78. And good for him. He can buy several rounds of shots at Get Bent Lounge or wherever for random skanks. Now, no offense to Geilfuss, but I'm pretty certain this blog gets considerably more traffic than his (as always, if you want to check out Geilfuss, it's http://www.itcouldbekobebryant.blogspot.com/). I have never allowed Google ads on this blog. I'm not in this for a $78 check every 14 months. I'm more in it as a way to pass the time. And hopefully entertain folks in the process, at least a little.


I also got a text from someone with a 443 number asking me about trivia at Bang Hos At Lannys. I'm not sure who sent the text to me. But whoever it is, my advice is not to ever go anywhere near the Ramada on Loch Raven for any reason. Much less for trivia. That place is full of the lowest of the low (as I've noted on this blog many times over the past 14 months). And if the trivia is being run by Boobie again at the Ramada and any of the readers of this blog do wander in for the event, tell her that I send my disdain and ask if she's lost more hair lately.


I saw some movie called Becoming Jane the other night (and no Geilfuss, it had nothing to do with Tarzan). The girl from The Devil Wears Nada played Jane Austen. And somewhat surprisingly, it was pretty good. Now, I have never read any book whatsoever, much less one by Jane Austen. But, I have overheard conversations about some of her work (comes with the territory from attaining an English degree). And from what I gleaned from overhearing those conversations, the movie did an excellent job of conveying Jane Austen's angst and the etiquette and social mores of the time. Also, the girl from The Devil Wears Nada is pretty damn good (some of you might recall my fascination with her from the film Rachel Getting Married) and very charming. It's worth checking out, even if you have no interest in early 19th century English Literature (as I surely do not).


Sometimes you wonder and you ask yourself the question














1 comment:

Big baby rotten treats said...

Since you seem to be a fan of anne hathaway, whom i am as well. Have you seen havoc? if not i suggest you check it out. i thought it was a really good movie.