Monday, February 22, 2010

The Worst Quarterbacks Ever


The Faceshit has struck yet again. I checked the thing over the weekend and had another "friend" request from someone I have no recollection of ever meeting in my life. This has happened before on the Faceshit and I just turn down the request. However this time, in a moment of weakness, I accepted this "friend" request. And I have been searching the recesses of my demented brain to figure out how in the hell I could possibly know this girl. If any readers of this blog know who Danielle Kocinski from DC is, please let me know. I think I must have worked with her somewhere or other at some point. The thing is that this Danielle must know me pretty well, as she started doing these comments on the Faceshit "wall" after the 2 or 3 things I've ever posted on the damn thing. I just checked and I don't have any "friends" in common with this girl. The whole thing is driving me crazy at the moment.


An anonymous commenter left a long note after I ripped into The Tiger recently. And as always, feel free to leave all the comments you want - I'll look at them. And I appreciate the time that this anonymous commenter put into the note. And just in general, I stand by everything I wrote about the whole fake press deal thing that The Tiger held last Friday. However, just let me be super clear on this, I don't think there was any reason for The Tiger to make a public statement at all, to anyone. The only news that golf fans were interested in was when The Tiger was coming back to the tour. And he didn't even have a date to throw out there. The rest of it was silly nonsense. I did not watch the thing, but I did read about it later Friday. And when I did, I discovered the real motivation behind this public "apology." First, The Tiger attacked the press - which is just ridiculous. He hires agents and whatnot to make him an endorsement king and have a very high profile so he can bleed companies dry to be their pitchman. And then he lashes out at the press for being interested in this whole sordid story. Hypocrite. The other reason for this whole "apology" was to get out in front of these nasty rumors about steroid or HGH use. Which is a savvy move. The rest of the thing was pointless. And if you wanna argue that as part of a 12 step program that he had to apologize, no he didn't - not to me or any other observer of professional golf. The Tiger is not a sex addict. He's just a very rich guy trying anything he can to reduce the settlement amount he'll have to pay Jesper Parnevik's nanny. That's it. As far as taking a shot at Ernie Els (as the anonymous commenter did), the guy has won more than 60 times worldwide in his career. His accomplishments are considerable. Lastly on this anonymous comment, the person noted that he/she was a huge fan of #14 growing up - Peter Edward Rose (4256). And I too was a Reds fan back as a kid (my favorite player was the awesome Davey Concepcion). Only I wouldn't compare Rose's situation to The Tiger's (at least not yet, if I'm right in my suspicion of steroids or HGH, then all bets are off...), as The Tiger's issue has nothing to do with the game itself. Rose lied and lied and kept lying all those years because he's not very bright and thought reasonable people might believe him. I didn't believe him for a second (and I was watching the night Rose got 4192 off Eric Show - and got a little teary eyed like all Reds fans). I'm sorry that so many fans of Rose did believe him for so long. I'm sure you felt cheated and betrayed. Maybe it's because I'm super cynical, but I've never been capable of feeling cheated or betrayed by anyone (much less a baseball player with an IQ hovering around 90). I mean the guy sported one of those rat tails in the mid 80's - embarrassing and total white trash. Jeez.


I was reading something about someone named Hugh the other day (probably Hugh Grant or Hugh Rodham). Anyway, whenever I see the name Hugh, my mind immediately goes to one of the worst QB's in the history of the world - Hugh Millen, or as I called him, Hugh Miliation. And that got me to thinking about all my favorite terrible Quarterbacks over the years for each team. Here we go:


Patsies - the above mentioned Hugh Miliation. But you can't leave out Tommy Hodson either. He sucked.


Jets- Dick Todd.


Bills - I've never totally hated any of Buffalo's QB's - even JP Losman, I still think there's hope for him yet in the NFL.


Fish - Ray Lucas.


Steelers - Bubby Brister.


Bengals - Akili Smith. And Dave Klingler.


Browns - Ken Dorsey.


Ravens - Kyle Boller.


Colts - No one too awful, but my man Arthur Schlichter, what a waste.


Titans/Oilers - Oliver Luck.


Jags - no one super sucky yet.


Texans - same as above - I give Dave Carr a pass, he got killed behind that line.


Chiefs - hard to forget Steve Bono. And Brodie Coyle - terrible. This is also the team that let Rich Gannon walk in favor of Elvis Grbac. Ouch!


Mr Ed - no one.


Bolts - Ryan Leaf.


Raiders - Todd Marinovich.


Seahawks - Dan McGwire - awesome mullet too.


Niners - a string of great ones, and there is still hope for Alex Smith.


Cards - believe it or not, for such an historically bad franchise, no one super sucky comes to mind.


Rams - Dieter Brock.


Bears - Peter Tom Willis.


Pack - no one.


Vikes - hard to think of anyone terrible.


Lions - Andre Ware.


City of Tampa - Unbelievably, no one.


Who Dat - Billy Joe Hobert.


Falcons - Mike Vick. He never could throw the ball accurately to save his life.


Panthers - Chris Weinke.


Cowboys - Quincy Carter.


G Men - Dave Brown.


Philly - pretty solid.


Washington - Heath Shuler.


I'm bored of this today...










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be a fan of Shaun King

Anonymous said...

ha ha, somebody ripped you about Shaun King!!!

But back to 4256. I grew up (and still am) a Yankee fan in the 70's. And I remember that damn Big Red Machine in the mid 70's - Perez, Morgan, Concepcion & Rose - what an infield! George Foster -GERONIMO! and the PED-less Griffey kicking ass in the outfield as well - and don't forget J. Bench behind the plate - and to think, that comes from a Yankee fan!!!

Obi Wan Was A Race Car Driver said...

ooh, I forgot - what about Dan Majowkowski (sp?) for the Pack? he sucked...