Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jon Scheyer Walks Into The Comcast Center


Urgent score update from College Park - Terps 79 Duke 72. And it was a great night to be alive. The best night of the year thus far. The "Fuck You Scheyer" chants reverberated all night. And they may have worked, as Scheyer struggled mightily down the stretch when it counted most. But not Greivis Vasquez, he was a champion. Some of those circus shots at the end -amazing. If Vasquez doesn't win ACC player of the year after that performance (not to mention the 41 he dropped on the Gobblers last Saturday), then the thing is rigged. It was also nice to see Coach Kry looking all distraught and needing Wojo to shove more and more Demerol down his throat every TV timeout just to ease the pain of the utter horror he was witnessing. I watched the game at the wing joint on Battleground and there were about half a dozen Dookies in there - and they were not too happy with me. How do I know the Dookies weren't too happy with me? I kept asking them if Villanova had stopped scoring on their asses from last March 26. That's how. That, and I might have casually mentioned that Mickie may be getting too arthritic to give Coach Kry the hand jobs he so craves...


The funny thing in Greensboro is that if you are anti-Duke, folks assume you're a Heels fan. And I don't have a dog in that fight (other than, as some of you are well aware, when the 2 play, there is no bigger Carolina fan on the planet than yours truly). I was sitting next to 3 or 4 Carolina fans during the game last night. And one kid was a classic liberal Tar Heel (he spent some time in the Peace Corps for Christ's sake). A helluva nice kid, but for the life of him, he couldn't figure out why I hated Duke so much and yet didn't go to Carolina. And I tried to explain to this Peace Corps kid that my unhealthy aversion to Duke has a strong and varied foundation through the years. I told him I don't like to go into it exactly. I will say this though - about 1/2 way through the 1st half, the Peace Corps kid did admit that I hated Duke worse than any person he'd met in his entire life (I was really laying into K, Collins, and Wojo for their beautiful gay threesomes at times during the Terps torrid start). When the Peace Corps kid asked at one point who my team was, I said the same thing as always, "Me, I pull for the Gunners."


Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the huge game Tuesday night from Columbus. Mark Titus was huge for TOSU, as I believe he pulled off one last perfect trillion in the win over The Fighting Illini. If you've never read the kid's blog, it's almost as good as this one (and way more popular...). The address is http://www.clubtrillion.blogspot.com/ - the only 2 blogs I read are Titus' and of course, Geilfuss'. As far as the actual TOSU victory, Deibler was huge, Lighty was a force on dribble penetration, Buford was awesome, and Evan Turner is the flat truth. The kid can fucking ball. Like a God. He really can.


Speaking of Club Trillion -my favorite post that Titus has written was about going to a roller derby last summer. Priceless. It's almost like something that would happen to Ross and me. Almost.


Gotta run - TBFH






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as a regular reader, i'd like to ask if you were this verbose about your terps when they got their ass waxed by 21 in cameron.