Saturday, March 27, 2010

More Pointless Angst


Most days are spent tediously waiting for something to happen. There are the things we all have to do, work, eat, sleep. And those generally aren't that thrilling, save for maybe the occasionally awesome Big Mac, seeing a co-worker cry, or some dream involving Heidi Klum. I digress...The rest of our time, our supposed leisure hours, most folks spend doing things they don't really like with people they can't really stand (generally a spouse, parents, siblings, even their own kids). Sitting around a TV viewing Lost, or something like Lost, that kind of time passer. Or even worse, reading a book. Or worse yet, talking about their day (It was okay - Fran did this, that, blah, blah, blah...). Of course many of you know I utterly reject all that silly conventionality. It's boring. I'm digressing something terrible (although, as Holden Caulfield notes, often digression is the most interesting part of a story). I was gonna say something about folks wasting their lives waiting for something interesting to happen, which now that I think about it, I have been writing about in a slightly tangential way. Whatever...What I was gonna say is that the world would be a much more interesting, and dare I say electric (and that stikes me as the right word - electric), thing to experience if folks didn't live the way I'm describing. The only problem is that if everyone goes out and lives the way I'm even slightly suggesting (everyone single, rampant binging on all types of vices, etc...) then society would probably, no definitely, be way worse for it. We can only tolerate so many folks who shove convention aside, and actually live every day like it might be their last. I guess I'm droning on mindlessly about nothing significant, again...Chasing windmills...


My problem has always been that I have this almost primordial (some kind of soupy thing anyway) urge to kick down doors that are already unlocked, or even slightly ajar. It's really not a good trait. It's problematic, to say the least.


Looks like I'm back to more pointless adolescent angst...


As far as I can tell, girls should not wear those tight, Lycra type, workout pants, if they've never used them to actually, you know, workout. It leaves too little to the imagination. In fact, it's kind of off putting to get a clear outline of a girl's vulva at 4 o'clock in the afternoon at Generic Bread. In any case, ...


Also, I don't know what it is lately about these 40-something skanks in Greensboro. But, I really wish they'd leave me alone, for just one night even. I'm being as rude and sarcastic as I can with them, believe me. I really am. It gets tiresome. Even for me.


I'm out









No comments: