Tuesday, June 29, 2010

John Harkes Is Sparkling


I was flipping around the old TV and noticed that Barack Hussein Obama has nominated yet another ugly as sin broad to become an Associate Justice of Blah, Blah, Blah. And as I looked for a moment at this latest beyond homely comrade of Barry's to be pushed onto the throne of judicial power, I couldn't help but make a comparison between this current despicable looking bag (I believe her name is something close to Ivana Cox...) and that repulsive woman from last year (whose name totally escapes me, but I remember the chins, I remember the 8 chins). Now, I'm not nearly bright enough to figure which of the 2 of these jurists is in fact uglier. It may be an unanswerable question, much like why would anybody watch Jay Leno. But, the broader and more important issue to keep in mind is this, what does old Barry have against decent looking women??? Maybe it's true that there are no attractive liberals outside of Hollywood, but there has to be 1 female commie buddy of old Barry's somewhere who could sit on this stupid court who wouldn't make me puke whenever I get a clear view her face on TV. Maybe old Barry should just have Demi sit on this asinine court. She couldn't be any more insipidly liberal than these repulsive broads, and she'd be a damn sight better to look at.


I was out at some joint on N Garden yesterday and a group of guys behind me got to wildly speculating on the number of yellow cards it takes for a player to get tossed out of a World Cup match. One of them guessed 7. Anyway, I texted this little tidbit out to some folks and it was then that Geilfuss reminded me, via a return text, that Carlos Valderrama once ran up a number of them in one match as he wouldn't leave the pitch after being tossed (it may have been 8 of them). And I remembered seeing that on SportsCenter. It was hysterical. I think Marco Etcheverry came close to doing the same thing at one point.


I've also taken notice of how abysmally atrocious the American TV analysts are for the World Cup. Alexi Lalas, I know he played for the US National Team for quite a long time. I saw him play in dozens and dozens of games in the 90's. But to hear him talk about the game on these studio shows, I'd swear that he's as clueless about the sport as a server at the Wing Joint on Battleground is about birth control. And John Harkes, oh shit. John Harkes. When he was talking about sparkling or being flushed down the drain the other day during the US/Ghana match, I found it so hilarious that I couldn't quit repeating this question, "Is he (whoever was involved in whatever play) sparkling? IS HE FUCKING SPARKLING???" NOW??? IS HE SPARKLING NOW???" I couldn't shut up about it. Although I also thought it was insightful when Harkes mentioned that it was important to have possession of the ball to get an attack going. That was deep.


One last thing here, I'm heading out to a little birthday celebration here in a few minutes for the best bartender in Greensboro, my man, and Glenn Beck disciple, Dave. Happy Birthday, Dave! Also, I know that Geilfuss's birthday is around this time of the year, and I might as well say Happy Birthday to him as well.


I am out --->

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you noticed Kagan's odd resemblance to Al Gore? I actually thought that's who I was looking at the first time I saw her.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/Al_Gore_preaching.jpeg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01632/elena_1632865c.jpg

For your entertainment.