Friday, June 25, 2010

A Quick Note About The Dutch


Okay, real quick here on the World Cup before I get into today's post. Italy - good fucking riddance. As always, this blog almost wills results at times. Just the other day I was mocking them and then, Bam! They're out. Also, I also got a comment about my affinity for Dutch soccer from Dan. And maybe he's not aware of where my fixation with the Dutch comes from, as I don't know that we've ever had the conversation. But, in a name, it's Dennis Bergkamp. He's my favorite player ever. He led Arsenal to several great seasons in the EPL. And he could finish plays. When the Gunners had Bergkamp and Henry at the same time, look out... I urge everyone to go to YouTube and watch the goal Dennis Bergkamp scored in the 89th minute against Argentina in the 1998 World Cup Quarters. Breathtaking. And if anyone cares, I will be out at the Wing Joint on Battleground tomorrow at 2:30 for the USA/Ghana match. I will be pacing. I guarantee it. Pacing.


I know I mentioned getting to the thrust of this entry above. That's not gonna happen after all. I typed for like an hour. Hated it. And deleted it. Pointless. I'm not gonna try that again...


Blah, blah, blah...

























No comments: