Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Curious Case Of Mace Windu


I was reading a blog entry that Geilfuss wrote about sporting events he might have watched - it was hard to tell if he'd actually seen them or not, as the descriptions were confusing. At any rate, at one point Geilfuss says that Jason Caffey changed his name to Bison Dele. And I'm not too surprised Geilfuss made this claim, but Brian Williams was one of my favorite players ever from the University of Arizona (right up there with Sean Elliot, Damon Stoudamire, and Gilbert Fucking Arenas) and it was Brian Williams who changed his name to Bison Dele- he suffered from depression for years and changed his name in hopes of finding some kind of mental peace or something. Unfortunately, he was killed by pirates or his brother in 2002 in the South Pacific (no one is sure last I heard). For Geilfuss to confuse Brian Williams with Jason Caffey is bizarre. The only thing I know about Jason Caffey is he hates to pay child support for some reason - he's a loser.

Also, Geilfuss describes game 6 of the 1997 ALCS and I remember that game pretty clearly (I had a financial interest in the Orioles winning that series). And the way Geilfuss describes it makes me uncertain if I did actually watch it, because I got so confused by his description and where he was sitting and all these weird details that had nothing to do with the game itself, that I had no idea what he was talking about.


I was out at trivia at the Ramada again last night and they do this quiz with what person is pictured on which coin/bill. And so Dave is adamant that Eisenhower is pictured on the dime. And I'm like "Dave I think it's that commie FDR on the dime." So, we go outside to smoke and Dave pulls a bunch of change out of his pocket - including a dime. He looks at it for about 10 seconds and says "I told you!" I said "Um, Dave, that's a side portrait of FDR man." He said "It is?" "Yeah, ...how much did you drink before you came out here tonight?" Dave replied "Not enough." And I wholeheartedly agreed with that. We won the game anyway.


I was on a flight yesterday and it was bumpy the first half hour or so- the turbulence was brutal. So, I've got on these earphones that Delta passes out and you can listen to these music channels with them. So, the plane is kind of bouncing up and down and the woman sitting next to me is getting really nervous. And at one point we dropped quite a bit. She grabbed my arm and I took an earphone out of one of my ears. She said "Aren't you getting scared for your life?" And I said "No, I'm good. They're playing Bullet With Butterfly Wings. And it is one of the best songs you'll ever hear before you die. So if I'm gonna die now -awesome. Now let go of my arm." It appeared she might have been taken aback by that. But then she thought for a few seconds and said "You are right about that song. You've really got a point." And she was right about me being right.


I was watching another movie with the guy who played Mace Windu and this one was really stupid. He plays a cop who terrorizes his neighbors because they are a racially mixed couple. I didn't find it remotely believable or tense. I remember when the guy who played Mace Windu played Stacks in that movie starring that guy who was a lawyer in that movie where Marisa Tomei won an Oscar, and in that movie - Stacks didn't seem to have a problem with white people at all. It was baffling. Also, the climax of the film - you can see it coming after the first 2 or 3 minutes. This guy who played Mace Windu needs to be more selective in the movies he chooses to do.


I sent out a text yesterday telling everyone to take the Heels against Coach Kry. And the Heels crushed them. It was beautiful. Easy money. In fact about 15 minutes before the tip, J comes up and asks me who I like. I was in a decent enough mood, so I told him the truth "Carolina should win by at least 12." He argued with me like always and I was sorry I gave him the advice at all. I saw J again around midnight and I said "There you go. Tell me you bet it big." He said "Nah, just 10 bucks with some guy at the bar." I was sickened. J - he'll drive you crazy. One night last week he was trying to compare the Phelps/bong picture situation with NBA players who smoke a lot of pot (I won't bore anyone with the details). I kept saying "J, that's not even apples and oranges. It's more like apples and bowling balls." After a few minutes I just turned around and left the bar.


Barack Hussein Obama was at some rally in Florida the other day and was taking requests from the crowd. People were asking him for stuff like he was Santa Claus or Obama Claus or the Tooth Fairy or the Obama Fairy. One guy got up and asked if Obama could get him a better job than McDonalds. Another guy wanted to get $3000 a month from unemployment checks. And the best was a lady who wanted a new car, a kitchen and a bathroom (she was nasty looking - an old school street-walking looking ho). As I was listening to this, I almost, ALMOST, started to feel sorry for Barry. But, he brought all this on himself with his demagoguing last year. I don't totally blame his brainwashed followers either. They are clueless and not interested in rugged individualism. Anyway, I was getting a pretty good laugh out of the whole rally. And I bet someone will give that woman a free house - probably some do-gooder who went to Duke or a pimp or a pimp who went to Duke or those guys from the Duke Lacrosse team who have a thing for black prostitutes.


And I still believe that I cannot be saved.
-TBFH







No comments: