Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Barry Likes Chalk


I noticed where our fake leader, one Barack Hussein Obama, has filled in his yearly bracket for the hoops tournament. As usual, I don't know why ESPN shows his picks on national TV. Who cares? I'd rather ESPN do a piece on some random lonely barfly filling in his/her bracket. Someone who reeks of bourbon, cheap smokes, and vaginal fluids. Oh wait, that might describe Barry to the letter. My bad.









Speaking of Barry's picks, I did not click on the PDF in the story I read to see them. But late last night on the infamous ESPN bottom line, I became informed, like everyone else trying to enjoy a Tuesday night of NIT hoops from N California, that Barry likes chalk. Yes, the lead sports story on the lead sports channel in the world was that old Barry picked all #1 seeds to advance to Houston. Which is fine, Barry can pick all the chalk he wants. But he must have had his feelings hurt as he watched the bottom line last night. Because as famous as Barry is, he's not famous enough to warrant joining the 1-name ESPN bottom line club. Which is odd. ESPN has decided over the years that certain athletes are so hype-worthy that there is no need to refer to them by anything but their first name. Among this exclusive 1-name club are The Tiger, LeBron, Kobe, & recently Melo. What's always struck me as strange are the guys who aren't in the 1-name club. It's never "Brett unretires," it's "Favre coming back." In fact the only NFL guy who is in the 1-name club is Peyton. In MLB, they use A Rod, but not simply Alex. No one in baseball makes the cut except Manny. That whole Manny being Manny thing. And the only female athletes who make the cut are Venus and Serena Williams & possibly that NASCAR wannabe chick. All this gets me back to Barry. Why didn't the lead say "Barry's Final 4 picks," as he's certainly just as famous as Woods, James, Bryant, Anthony, or Manning. Old Barry should be pissed over being dissed like this.






Also, speaking of Barry being a bracket person, you might recall that he was ripped 2 years ago for failing to fill out a bracket for the women's tourney. At least he was ripped by some woman who writes for the McPaper (I mentioned it in a post back then). And Barry has since capitulated. He filled in a bracket for the unwatchable lady ballers this year. I don't know how Barry has time to follow women's college hoops, men's college hoops, all the stuff going on overseas, the terrible state of the economy, and deal with congress. He's a real multi-tasker. Granted, not a successful one. You would think Barry would be too busy to follow the ins-and-outs of collegiate lady ballers. But nope. Barry has picks for every game of every round of the women's tourney. It's amazing. Well done, Barry. I'm guessing Barry is down with that coach of the Tennessee Lady Vols. After all, Head is in her name...






I'm not sure how the history courses are structured at the University of Oklahoma, or who the instructors are, but whatever they're doing in Norman, they may wanna change things up. Adrian Peterson compared the plight of NFL players today to slavery. If AP can cite one slave who received $10 million a year to fumble the football repeatedly, I'd certainly be interested in hearing it. Maybe there were secret plantations where the slaves drove Bentleys, lived in McMansions, and had a posse of 12 to accede to their whims at all times. But I doubt it...






Not the best night ever in hoops picks yesterday, as those pesky other tourneys can be tricky. I mentioned yesterday that it's impossible to know how motivated teams are for these events unless you have access to them. In the NIT, I'm going with Wisc-Milwaukee +9 at NW tonight, though. In the NCAA, the public seems to like USC at -4&1/2. I can see jumping on the other side there. Not much value either way. I'd look at the over the in the 1st game. UTSA isn't called the Roadrunners for nothing...






St Patrick's day and Day 1 of the real tournament tomorrow, but I'll get picks up by noon. I'm still tinkering a bit with them.
























No comments: