Thursday, March 17, 2011

NCAA Picks 3/17


The big hoops tournament starts in earnest here in a few hours & if you simply take the 3 NCAA games I threw out picks for, I'm 2-0-1. Big night for the Roadrunners (that is Rowdy pictured above), and that contrarian bet on VCU paid off nicely as well.




I'm gonna throw these out in the 4 waves for the day. 1st wave, WVU -2&1/2, a situational bet because of Clemson's travel and fast turnaround. ODU/Butler Under 122, both teams play very deliberate styles - should be closer to 110 than 120. Morehead/Louisville Over 131 &1/2, my own line was 140. Note: I wouldn't step out on any of these too much for that 1st wave. 2nd wave, the lines are tight and the only game I'm betting is Richmond +3, Vandy has lost to lower seeds each of the last 2 seasons & that may be in their heads. Also, the Spiders can ball. 3rd wave, Wofford/BYU Under 147, I can't see the Terriers trying to get out and push against Jimmer too much (although the kid doesn't play much defense...), Belmont +5, and Over 127 - the over is my 2nd top choice of the day. I know the Badgers play deliberately, but this total should be closer to 140. 4th wave, Sparty -1, I still have faith in them. Gonzaga +1 &1/2, they should win outright. Mizzu/UC Over 137, this is my top choice, as even if the Tigers stink it up they will push, push, and push, then foul, foul, and foul. Utah St +2 &1/2 is super tempting, they are gonna want to make a statement, but K State should try and ramp up the tempo, so I like Over 128 &1/2.




I know it's a day for the Irish, but I don't own anything green...

1 comment:

Woof said...

In the WVU game, PEPPER - yeah that kid - was the hero in the last two minutes with three steals
... who'd figure that. Not me.


Oh, and the word captcha for me on this comment was: hooters. They should have a picture instead of just the word, dammit.