Friday, March 18, 2011

NCAA Hoops Picks 3/18


Very good day yesterday, I about doubled my online account. Those late night overs were key. It's interesting because most public betters stay away from totals. The only folks moving those lines are the big sharks. That Mizzu/UC total went up to 140 when I put the bet in at 9:30 and it covered, barely, by 1 point. But that counts the same as if it covered by 100. So,...




Speaking of the public and overs. I once again yesterday, for maybe the thousandth time in my life, explained what a total bet meant to some dude at the sports bar. It was at the end of the ODU/Butler game and I did not want overtime. So I was saying "score, score, score" on Butler's last possession and the guy was like, "You have Butler in your pool?" And then I set him straight on what was going down. He was a Sparty alum. Nice guy.




Oh, and what with it being St Patrick's Day and all, I did partake of 2 car bombs last night. And yes, I did get into a conversation with a gentlemen about calling them car bombs instead of Irish car bombs. My whole thing about the word Irish being redundant and all that. He agreed with me and said he would just say car bombs in the future. So I accomplished something there.




1st wave, Oakland +10 &1/2, they will push tempo like all hell (that is their mascot pictured above). G Mason +1 &1/2, Nova was crap the last month of the season. I don't know why that would change today. TN/Michigan Over 127 &1/2, could be dicey here but I'm looking at mid 130's. 2nd wave, I don't like these games. But Duke tends to take no prisoners in a spot like this. I'm laying the 23 &1/2. 3rd wave, LIU +17 &1/2, the Blackbirds can play. St Peter's +14 &1/2, Purdue doesn't generally blow anyone out. Also, Over 122 in that one. 4th wave, Syracuse -12 &1/2. Over 129 too. And last VCU +6, Georgetown has been not so hot lately.




I wouldn't go too big on any of these today. Tomorrow and Sunday are gonna be much more opportunistic.




----->


No comments: