Saturday, March 19, 2011

Duke Vitale Needs To Learn The Definition Of The Word Upset


Before I get to the normal silliness, let me send massive birthday wishes to Andy. I believe, if my math is correct, and it usually is, that the kid has made it to 26. I'm guessing things might get dicey out at the Wreck Room this evening...


I hope everyone has been getting in on these NCAA picks. While not perfect, I'm 17-6-1. And that will play. That's right around 75% winners. As Brandon pointed out in a comment after the Super Bowl, you could pay one of these stupid services $50 a day for picks and they aren't hitting at 75%. I can assure you of that...


I hope I didn't jinx myself, but on to today's wild action. There are 2 games that I really like. Gonzaga -1 against Jimmer. On ESPN earlier Duke Vitale was speculating that the Zags might "upset" the Cougars. Someone should tell the moron that if a team is favored and wins, it's not an upset. Anyway, the Bulldogs should kill the Mormons on the glass. I also really like K State +3 &1/2 against the Badgers. My personal line has the Wildcats -4. Wrong team is favored. Other picks; Richmond -4, Morehead should be in huge letdown mode after that thrilling victory. We've seen this over and over in the tourney. After a shocking upset, a mid-major comes back down to earth the following game. And the Spiders have that Anderson kid. He can flat ball. UConn -3 &1/2. Nothing against Mick Cronin and his boys, but I see a win for the Huskies. Last, BYU/Gonzaga Under 148 &1/2. The line is 10 points too high.


At least 3 more huge bets tomorrow. Lines are only up for 4 of the games at this point.


Speaking of the ESPN hype-machine, they are giving constant updates on how Barry is faring with his bracket. He's doing well. Really well. And it makes you wonder if Barry should stick to being a bracket master and get out of failing to be a leader altogether.


I was out at some joint on New Garden for much of yesterday watching the hoops action. And I got a rare treat. I met a Duke fan in Greensboro who actually went to Duke. Super nice guy. And as I explained my feelings to this guy about many (not all) of the Duke fans parading around the Gate City, he totally agreed with me. I did almost get thrown out of the joint at one point for yelling "Dallas Fucking Lauderdale" after a thunderous dunk. The issue was that it was like 6:30 and tons of families were in the joint enjoying something approximating food. I apologized for my exuberance and quit saying "Fucking" after that. I was a good boy. I can be when I try.


Okay,...




No comments: