Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Looking On In Utter Horror


Above is about exactly the look on the faces of the Spartan fans last night - and that was 4 minutes into the game. I had the over - so I just kept saying "Rout their asses." And the Heels did. And that's something.
I was weatching the O's/NYY game yesterday and ESPN decided to interview Joe Biden for some reason. I have no idea why. Anyway it was pointless and silly. But at one point Joe Morgan says this to Biden - "You know, without you on the ticket Obama would not have won the election." I fell over. At least Biden had the good sense to disagree. Oh, and Biden may have been a jock at some point - he was talking about how in high school he tried to emulate Willie Mays in center field. And I have no idea if he played or was good or what. But it's interesting that a guy who has gotten into so much trouble for plagiarism (he dropped out of the 1988 presidential race after getting caught lifting speeches from some moron British dude) would admit copying someone in sports too. I kept waiting for Jon Miller to ask Joe Biden about his hair plugs. But he didn't. And nobody seems to - and the only question I've had for Biden the last 18 years or whatever is why he did the hair plugs - he looked like a chia pet. And gutless reporters won't ask him.
I was playing a little trivia last night at the Royal Soak and we didn't play badly at all - just missed 2 questions the whole game. Still, we came in 2nd. Anyway, at one point there was a question about seedless Thompson something or other and this chubby blonde chick is sitting near us and turns around and says "I was in England and over there they call grapes Thompsons." And Danny said "Thanks honey." And I said to this chubby blonde who knows about England "You actually eat grapes?" I was dumbstruck. Fat chicks eating grapes. Damn.
Not much time here today. Work ---
TBFH

No comments: