Tuesday, May 12, 2009

55 Days In Atlanta


Back out at The Royal Soak last night and old Danny was there with a girl named Kinga who is an aspiring triathlete. She was very bright and a lot of fun to hang out with. The problem was that Elizabitch was also in the place. And she's needy and slightly pitiful. Elizabitch proceeded to get somewhat hammered on what I think were Captain and Cokes (I did ask her at one point if she was related to Paulie, she had no idea what I was talking about). And when Elizabitch got to the point where she was oiled up the proper amount, she started bitching to me about what's wrong with her and why don't decent men find her attractive and blah, blah, blah...I was getting really annoyed with her, but she had bought me a pack of smokes (I didn't have a 5 on me) and I felt slightly obligated to listen to her whine for at least awhile. So she goes on for around 20 minutes with this feeling all sorry for herself. Then she asks me, "So, do you think it's me or is it something else?" And I said "I think I've determined that it's definitely you. You're really awful with this lack of confidence and neediness." And then I got up and left. I hope I never run into her again.


Well, my time here in the ATL is running out and this will be my last post from here (at least until next time I'm here) and it has been interesting and mostly pointless. But overall I'll take a lot of nothing away from my time here this year. I probably will forget everyone I met except old Danny. We're gonna try and keep in touch and get together somewhere this summer and have a few beers and talk to awful people in awful bars. It passes the time. But before I go I want to pay a special tribute to everyone else before I forget them forever (with apologies to the folks I've already forgotten):

1)Khaki Pants - just an unforgettably horrible, needy barfly/lush. Poor girl. (Oh, and I will forget her soon I'm sure - but she'll always have a special place in the annals of this stupid blog.)
2) Cody - Khaki Pants' gay sidekick. Not a bad kid really.
3)Ashley, Beth, and Mary - bartenders at Royal Soak. They need a little help. They're a mess - the whole bar is a mess.
4) The guy in the cheap blazer at the bar at Royal Soak - irritating and tedious - slightly J-esque actually.
5)The old timers at Bananabees - Apocalypse talking idiots who sit and drink tea all night. Pitiful losers.
6)3 Amigos - trivia team at Henry Hudson Grille who really annoyed me a couple times (there's a whole post about them from about a month ago or so). They hadn't been in for a few weeks and then I saw them last week and I killed them at trivia. So, that's something at least.
7) The valet outside Henry Hudson Grille - we bonded over the Nova/Pitt game for about 2 minutes (And again, thank you Scottie Reynolds).
8) All the bartenders at Henry Hudson Grille - they put on every game I requested, every time I requested one. That really helped many nights move along.
9) Smug Fatty
10)See, I'm sitting here and I've forgotten whoever else I was gonna mention. But generally all of the hundreds and hundreds of people I've talked to the past 55 days. Most of them weren't terrible. But even the folks who were terrible, and there were many of them - they helped pass the time too. And there you go.


I got more feedback on that post from last Wednesday (old Danny was talking about it last night as a matter of fact). I may have to delete it, because I think it's depressing people when they read it - which was not my intention. Sorry about that.


Well, I got a text from Pat last night and it said "Need a win." And I want to say thanks to you Pat, you finally sent me a text I didn't spend 5-10 minutes trying to decipher. I don't know if he got the win - he never said who he bet on. Me, I've been coasting the past 10 days or so, not betting often or much. I'm watching the games though. After the Celts came through Sunday night, I think it might be time to take the points with the Magic tonight. I haven't decided yet. Oh, and if the Rockets are getting more than 11, take them again. I think I've taken them every game of the playoffs except 3 (so 8 out of the 11 games they've played - I believe I'm 5-3 with them).


I was watching the golf over the weekend and I enjoyed it immensely. Johnny Miller was going on and on about the size of The Tiger's biceps, which seemed creepy and made me feel a little dirty. And The Tiger was spraying the ball all over the course and getting embarrassed by some Swedish guy. Thoroughly embarrassed. I didn't feel too bad for him though. He's got plenty of victories (66 I think on the PGA Tour).


I walked into this place Sunday evening and the hostess walked toward me and said "I hope you've been enjoying Mother's Day. I hope you got to spend time with your Mom today." I turned around and left.


Also I saw where my main man Dick Cheney was ripping old Barry again. He's been relentless with his criticism of old Barry. I have no idea if he's right or not when ripping these national security policies. I don't follow the news very closely. But old Cheney is a funny guy. He's entertaining as hell. If I actually voted, I'd never vote for him, but still, I'd consider it. Me, I would have backed Ron Paul all the way, except the Libertarian Party is a farce and Paul can't get enough votes in Republican primaries to be any kind of factor. So, we've got Barack Hussein Obama, and we know Dick Cheney is not a fan. And I'm not either.


I heard old Barry spent the weekend partying with Wanda Sykes (and evidently Katie Holmes was there as well, looking very Stepford Wife) and she seems cool enough (she was awesome on Curb Your Enthusiasm). I thought Wanda Sykes came out of the closet last year, and if that's true and old Barry partied with her, then I know Gail will be upset with old Barry and Oprah, because maybe they've found a new member for this supposed threesome you're always reading and hearing about. Which is cool, if they like to get freaky like that, I say good for them. But, I hope they told Gail up front about this Wanda Sykes addition. Otherwise old Barry and Oprah may have hurt Gail's feelings. Actually, I bet both Oprah and old Barry are too classy to not have told Gail she was being put aside for Wanda. They seem like such nice and decent folks. If all these threesome rumors are true, I just really hope they haven't been videotaping the sessions - that might be a bit much for me. Of course, the media would hail such videotapes as a sign that change is good and praise all 3 of them endlessly for their progressively polyamorous ways. I'm certain of that. Anyone who criticized such a twisted 3-way tryst, would be labeled an enemy of the state and sent somewhere for reeducation. So, I'm preemptively saying it's cool, and if they want to get freaky like that, then rock on!


I feel numb.








No comments: