Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco De Mayo


I never did understand the origins or the reasons behind celebrating Cinco De Mayo. What's so special about a fifth of mayo? Why not a half of mayo or a third of mayo or a quarter of mayo? If you order a burger, do you ever say "Hey there wait person, just give me a fifth of mayo?" I don't. So, I'm baffled. And also, do you feel, as I do, that other condiments get short shrift with this big Cinco De Mayo celebration. Why not Cinco De Mustard? Or Cinco De Ketchup? Or Cinco De Salsa? Or Cinco De Sour Cream? Or Cinco De Guacamole? I need an explanation. I feel utterly and hopelessly lost on a day like today. And why does the celebration of mayo involve getting tanked up on tequila and Coronas? Not that I'm complaining about girls getting hammered, not at all - as Bill Parcells said in one of those Coors Lite ads "That's a good thing, not a bad thing."


Not much time here today - but I am desperately hoping for the right outcome in the soccer match here this afternoon. Go Gunners!

No comments: