Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pretty Vacant


Not much time here at all today. So I gotta keep this one brief.


I got a text from Pat late Tuesday night (1:28 I think) and it said - I luv you. And I can't blame him for his confession. He had hit 3 huge bets courtesy of yours truly (Boston, and the Under in both games). And last night I told him to take the Nuggets and they won by 14. So, I would love me too. You can't blame the guy.


Also Tuesday in Atlanta I was out one last time with old Danny and Kinga stopped by and was drinking some kind of wine (I never touch the stuff - it's gross). And we were having a really good time just chatting and watching the hoops and the Reds game. At one point we played the who do I look like game, and it took me an hour before answering, but old Kinga was going on about something and I suddenly said "Cameron Diaz!" And I was dead on. Kinga was not as dead on however, she said to me "You look like Harrison Ford." I said "He's like 65 years old, thanks." And she said "No, when he was younger." That never seemed quite right to me. So, yesterday she sent me a text and said - "Not Harrison Ford - I meant Liam Neeson!" I have no idea, nobody has ever told me that one either. She's pretty cool though. And old Danny was a riot as always. So that was it for the ATL.


I got into a conversation with a frequent reader of this blog recently and this reader complained of my cynicism. Or at least was feeling sorry for me, wondering where all the cynicism comes from. And this reader has a point about that. I'm sure it can seem cynical. And I told her, and I would tell other readers the same thing if they wonder about my cynical inclinations - this is supposed to be silly entertainment, don't look for hidden meanings or try and get inside my head, because if you were to peel back the facade, you'd see that there is nothing there - I'm totally vacant. Pretty vacant anyway.


TBFH

No comments: