Thursday, May 28, 2009

Donning A Hamburg Near Buffalo


Not much time here today. Swamped with work - 3 things came up out of the blue here. I am about to head out for the day, as I got here at 7 this morning. Yuck!


A quick note about Salsarita's - it tastes ok most times, but there's something about it that makes me sick almost every time I eat there. I'm guessing it's the unsanitary nature of the assembly line they use to fill orders - all those hands scooping the crap and spreading it onto the matter that acts as a delivery mechanism to get the awful food into your soon to be sick stomach. Plus, the chicken there is gross. Really, all dishes at all Mexican fast food joints are the same - meat, cheese, and something spicy being held together by some matter that acts as a delivery mechanism. I gotta quit eating the crap. I really do. Although if Taco Bell ever brings back the chilito, I would go every day until I dropped dead.


A trivia question comes up last night about what queen was driven out of Egypt in the 260's and was then exiled in some Italian town. We had no idea, but Geilfuss leans over and says "Latifah?" I hope he was kidding. But you never know with Geilfuss. The guy running the game was screaming the entire time for some reason. He was just awful. I don't think we're going back to that game again - and not just because it was at Gloomy Daze; although that didn't help matters.


I was chatting, ever so briefly, with a guy in town from Buffalo. He was tedious as hell, but at one point he was droning on about a town near Buffalo named Hamburg. And I said to him "Do they sell a lot of hats there?" He didn't laugh. Now, Graham was standing nearby and Graham laughed (and Graham is not always super quick on the uptake, I mean I like the kid immensely, but you gotta spell things out for Graham sometimes - you really do). No laughter from this Buffalo guy though. He just stared at me blankly. Also, this Buffalo guy was arguing with me about the NFL and he had no idea what he was talking about - he was telling me that the Dolphins went winless 2 years ago. And I just started mocking him. He's a Bills fan. Poor bastard.


There were also 2 women sitting near us at Gloomy Daze and one of them claimed to be an expert on movie trivia. So, this question comes about what 60's movie about gambling starred Steve McQueen, Edward G Robinson, and Ann-Margret - and this supposed movie expert had no idea. It didn't shut her up though. She was repugnant- at least socially, and probably morally as well (I think this because I suggested she go up to the host who was screaming the questions and offer him some anal delight and she didn't seem totally insulted or put off by the suggestion).


Gotta Run -

No comments: