Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Taking Umbrage


Well, it looks like I unintentionally insulted someone on this blog yesterday. I heard from Mrs. Rummer about the post and she wasn't too thrilled with me referring to her as old Mrs. Rummer. And regular readers should know that it is just a silly term that I use in reference to almost everyone (in fact it's a ploy I stole from another writer, the one who wrote about the Glass family from time to time - not that I've ever read any of those stories, but I hear things - I pick up on some stuff). The fact is, as Mrs. Rummer pointed out to me, that she was younger in 1987 than I am today. So, no offense intended there at all. She also pointed out that, even though I am no longer languishing (or basking) in my teenage years, that maturity wise, I'm pretty much where I was way back when. And I wouldn't dispute that. Not at all. That's a fair observation to make. Maybe I should feel bad about that, but as Brian McNamee says - It is what it is. I am stuck, perpetually being somewhere between 15-25. As far as the post yesterday, I was only trying to relay a few funny stories about the past. That's it. Just silly memories.


Back out last night at The Turquoise Terrapin for the 1st time in quite a few months and Keith was there, so a trivia game broke out right after 7:30. And it was the last game of the regular season and the 1st time our regular team was together since February. And we were dominant for the most part. We won by a big margin. Here's how you know it's gonna be a good game for us - when they ask a science question and I know the answer (it had do to with smelling salts, and one time I went to give plasma with a girl named Jennifer McCarthy {not that one - this one was just as attractive, but a brunette}, they gave you like $25 for doing it; anyway, I passed out because it was taking forever to get the required amount of plasma out of my arm and because the other folks doing this plasma thing smelled - lots of homeless people I assume, hence the staff at the plasma place used smelling salts to rouse me). The Greek Gods were in the bar and they have joined up with some of the Jacobys on a trivia team for some reason. I have no idea how the Jacobys put up with them - the Greek Gods are 3 fairly close-talking, irritating, short guys. Nice enough and well-intentioned guys, bit still...We'll see them at the playoffs next week. And we should drill them.


Mary was out last night for the trivia game and she is planning some big night at an O's game soon. I promised I would show up, so I will. But Mary has a very interesting rule about this O's game - if Geilfuss shows up, he cannot speak to her. Now, I know Geilfuss and I know where Sliders is located. And I know that Geilfuss will consume a high quantity of beer that night. And I know that Geilfuss will seek Mary out and make a point of chasing her around Sliders until she speaks to him. Me, I'll probably be standing there with Andy and Dan laughing at the whole spectacle. It should be a good time - the O's are playing the Tigers that night. If you see me out there in front of Sliders around 11 and I'm sending girls up to the DJ, then I can promise 2 things: 1) You will be highly entertained, and 2) Andy will be dancing - and that is awesome.


I ran into Jess last night and she was furiously finishing up her last assignment for the semester. It was some paper she was writing for a business class. And I read through the thing for her. It was way over my head, but I did have a few suggestions as far as the writing style goes. I hope she gets an A. Jess was also lamenting her current relationship situation and I won't divulge any intimate details she shared with me about how she is coping with the situation. But I will say this, if any of the guys who read this blog ever wanted a shot with Jess, now would be the time to go for it, because she's probably not gonna be single long and as I've said on this blog before, she is quite a catch.


Ross, Andy, and I hung out after the trivia game last night - not too long, I was in bed by midnight. But, it was good to see Ross. He's doing something with pool maintenance or something right now. I missed him. Hell, I even gave the kid a hug when I saw him. Nothing ridiculous happened - but something will soon. As regular readers of this blog know all too well, when Ross and I get together, it is just a matter of time until something breaks bad. Trouble is imminent.


Huge game last night as the Nuggets easily covered and the total went under 214. Pat should have made enough that he can blow most of it playing online roulette today. Double down on Red Pat!!!


One last thing - the weather is starting to warm up and that means one thing - the heavy stench of b.o. permeates the downtown streets. And that's not pleasant. Luckily I won't spend too much time downtown this summer. But, when I am downtown and the weather is hot, damn it stinks. Too many hobos. Way too many. Smelly hobos looking for a handout.


Cool For Cats




No comments: