Thursday, June 4, 2009

Beck Gets Accosted By Mexican Pimps In Vegas


I lurched, ever so ungracefully, into the Zoo Station Monday night right at 8. Andy would have walked in at the same time, but he got thrown out for wearing a sleeveless shirt. It was one of the silliest things I've seen in some time (he went down to the Mars and bought an awesomely awful t-shirt that said Baltimore on it and under that it said Land of the Free and all the writing was on a fierce looking bald eagle. Mary defaced it almost immediately with a highlighter when she turned up later.) We hadn't been out to Zoo Station in almost a year to play any trivia. They got rid of it for some reason. Anyway, it's back and Gramma Dave was out there to run the game and he has more bumper stickers on his Volvo than any other Volvo owner in the world (most of them totally communist in nature- one of them said something like visualize whirled peas). So we're sitting there playing the trivia and it wasn't too eventful or anything. We were losing by 1 pt going into the last question and then Gramma Dave asked how many seasons All In The Family was on the air. Too easy - we won going away, by like over 30 pts. Tyson was out for the game and I hadn't seen him since that night last December when he was dead drunk and stumbled into Get Bent Lounge and hugged Pat like 40 times and then hit on a dream teamer for like an hour. He never got too hammered the other night, although it might have been slightly more entertaining if he had.


I also ran into Beck a couple times the past week or so. And he was out in Vegas recently and he was telling me about how every 50 steps you take in Vegas a Mexican guy is handing out these business cards promising hookers delivered to you hotel door or residence within 20 minutes. And Beck got so annoyed by these dudes that he saved up a bunch of the cards and prank called - sending call girls all over the Vegas strip to knock on unsuspecting people's doors. I wished I'd been there to help him, because I'd have sent like 50 hookers over to Grissom's house (the guy from that ridiculous CSI show) and watched from the trees while he did autopsies on their live carcasses one after the other - that Grissom guy is a freak. A scary freak. I haven't seen too many episodes of the CSI - maybe a handful all the way through. But it always seems like this Grissom guy is in the lab looking at corpses and defiling them in the most heinous way imaginable to the human mind, when he could be trying to get with that woman from China Beach. It's totally implausible. I can't suspend my disbelief for one second when a movie or TV show does something like that. Maybe the woman from China Beach would shoot down this Grissom freak - I mean I assume she would, but for him to not even give it a try??? Huh??? I mean at least drop some of your A material on the woman from China Beach from time to time. I guarantee any reasonable guy would. C'mon. Unconscionable. Hell, if Beck were working with her he would probably do his Crash Test Dummies impression (Once there was this kid who...) for the woman from China Beach and it might or might not work, but at least it would be realistic in the sense that he would try. Thinking about it, I should have asked Beck if he ran across the woman from China Beach on any of those cards the Mexican pimps were passing out on the Vegas strip. Because if he had, even though I don't get freaky like that, I would of called and just said come hang out in the bar of your choosing and I'll pay whatever and buy you a couple of drinks. And if she agreed and actually showed up, I would drop every bit of A material I had on the woman from China Beach - at least until I got bored of her and ran away complaining of issues with my digestive tract.


I heard that Barack Hussein Obama has been reading the same book for over 2 months now. And I didn't think he was illiterate (believe me, I know about being illiterate - I am illiterate), but how can it take 2 months to read a book? I think this book is all of 270 pages long (It's called Nether Regions or something). The thing that's funny about all this is that old W used to get crucified because he read so many books (about 2 a week if I remember). And old Barry is getting praised because he's too busy to read books - he's working night and day, focused on utterly destroying everything that made this country great. And that's cool. I don't care if old Barry reads 1 or 100 books a year. What should be noted though is this, if old W had publicly stated he was on pace to read only 6 books a year, he would have been crucified as not being curious intellectually - and I promise you that.


NBA Finals start tonight and LA will want to get this first one badly. They are laying 6 though. I would go over the total myself, of 205, at least for tonight. I expect the teams are gonna be eager to push the ball and take lots of 3's. We'll see.


Notorious

No comments: