Friday, June 5, 2009

Crocker Farm Inc. - Where Good People Auction Crappy Stoneware


A stunning development in the wild world of trivia occurred last night - Geilfuss got a question right that neither Andy nor I knew. It was this - after what creature was the term computer bug coined in 1948? I suggested something that flies, but didn't really have any thoughts beyond that. Andy wrote down spider. Geilfuss says "What about a moth? Wouldn't a moth be attracted to light? And weren't old computers using some kind of light tubes?" And I said to Andy "Let's go with that." And I'll be damned, but Geilfuss was right. I waited a moment just to be sure the world wasn't ending at that exact second, but it wasn't. Of all things to happen, Geilfuss gets a difficult trivia question correct. Damn! We were out playing at a new place - I believe it was called Bar Pig Suey. Anyway, it was an ok place. We had to stand the entire time, but that's no big deal. They had these questions where the team closest to the answer got a round of shots. So, as you can imagine we got 2 of the 3 rounds of shots (questions about what year the dishwasher was patented and the Arena Football League). We ended up coming in 3rd - and the way they determined 3rd was a chug off. When I heard the guy running the game say it would be determined by a chug off, Geilfuss and I both started laughing because we have Andy. He's not gonna lose a chug off or a cheese eating contest or most anything that involves eating or drinking rapidly. And that's a fact.


Later last night, the 3 of us were out at Get Bent Lounge and we ran into a couple of Jacobys (Luke and Mark - and of course we had a John there {see post from last week that talks about the real Geilfuss vs the good Geilfuss}, all we needed was a Matt, and there you go, all 4 Gospels represented). Anyway I was chatting with Luke and he told this story about something that happened last summer. I'd totally forgotten the whole thing. Luke and other Jacobys and many other folks from their church were out at Get Bent Lounge one night celebrating a birthday. And I was talking to Luke like always I guess about this or that. One of the girls from the church was pretty heavy evidently. And Luke swears that when I noticed this heavy girl with their group, I leaned over and said "Do they have a free buffet at your church?" When Luke said the last part of the story, both Mark and Geilfuss doubled over. Now, that does sound like something I might say. Luke's an honest guy. So, I called Andy over (he was playing quarters with James) and told Luke to tell the story again. Then when Andy comes by and Luke starts to tell him the story, Andy stops him and says "Yeah, I remember that. That's when you asked them if they have a buffet at their church." I said "Oh, I'd totally forgotten."


Also, Luke gave me his business card. And I was looking at it and hell, I'll give his business a free plug on this ever growing in readership blog - if you are ever in some hell hole called Riderwood, MD (of course the town should be called Ride His Wood, unless you're into hard hitting strap on action I guess {and maybe they are out in Riderwood, I have no idea},but nevertheless...) and you have some Stoneware or Redware in the trunk of your car and you want it to be auctioned for some reason, find a place called Crocker Farm Inc. and ask for Luke. He'll help you out (Do I hear 3 dollars?, 3 dollars?, 3 dollars?, going once...) And now Luke owes me for the free publicity.



We were also trying to work out a night where the Jacobys could come out and play trivia with us and Wednesday was suggested. But then Mark noted that they have something called Bible Study on Wednesday nights (I think one of them runs the thing). And I'm a godless heathen, obviously. But I told them "Well, don't skip the Bible thing to hang out in a dingy bar with me, Andy, and whoever else might be out with us on a given night. I mean we'll figure something else out as far as trivia goes. Oh, and do you think I could come to the Bible thing one week and be a guest speaker. You know, kinda like an opportunity for all the good and moral people like you guys to ask about all the sinning you are missing out on. Or as an example of what not to do? Hell, Geilfuss and Ross could tag along and you'd have 3 of the worst sinners in the history of western civilization." The thing was, that Mark and Luke are such good people that they weren't totally opposed to having me step foot in their church. I'm guessing they were just being nice and that if Geilfuss, Ross, and I were ever to actually come staggering up the front steps of their church, reeking of booze, cigarettes, and the left behind scent of cheap women, they would lock the doors on us. And start praying.


I saw where Barack Hussein Obama gave a speech overseas or something and was trying to reach out to all the Islamic terrorists who hate us and want to see the US wiped off the face of the earth. I didn't see it, but one thing he did evidently is compared the Holocaust to Palestinians not having a homeland. And I know I rip old Barry from time to time. But, really - that is the kind of thing that if I had said in a history or political science class in college, I would have been shouted down, labeled an anti-Semite, and probably been publicly rebuked by the provost (I have some experience with being labeled an anti-Semite and it's not a fun tag to carry). But, old Barry says this and I don't hear anyone calling him on it??? What the fuck??? The idiot compared the systematic murder of around 6 million people to folks having to live in a place not called Palestine. Again, and I'll get off this, if old W had said such a thing, he'd be getting killed by the media.


I also saw where old Barry went to New York recently with his wife (I keep forgetting the poor lady's name) and his Portuguese Water Dog and they took like 2 airplanes and 3 helicopters there. And it cost the US taxpayers (those dwindling number of us anyway) like 25 grand. I'm not sure what they did there in New York (maybe Wanda Sykes was around for a potential threesome?). But, I hope it was something awesome. Because unemployment is like 10% right now and getting higher still and lots of folks might resent old Barry spending $25,000.00 for a few hours in NYC. But I doubt they will resent him - they love the guy, he is their messiah. Me, I don't resent him exactly. I find his wife repulsively ugly personally - I kinda feel sorry for him actually. He's like these guys that get married to some broad and then later in life have all this success and are stuck with the homely broad they married before they hit the big time. Lots of actors and musicians seem to have this happen to them, only those folks dump the ugly broad, pay her off, and start dating babes who are or who resemble a supermodel. But old Barry can't divorce his wife. Ladies wouldn't like that and women do vote in this country for some reason. So, he's gotta wait until he can't run for office anymore. Then, he can pay off this hideously repulsive looking broad he's married to, and be seen strolling down some street in LA walking his Portuguese Water Dog, with some babe like Demi Moore on his arm (I don't think Ashton would really mind, as Ashton seems infatuated with old Barry).


Gotta run, but if you're bored tonight - drop in the Bananabees on Padonia Rd. at 9. I'll be there to irritate people to no end. I haven't been in there in like 3 and 1/2 months or something. It's gonna suck as always.


Falling to sleep with a Bob Park video on


Peace - TBFH


No comments: