Monday, March 30, 2009

The Girl Who Requests Condoms At The Dive Bar


Friday night back at that same dive bar - and I was there for like 4 hours. And it was nice, almost nobody spoke to me the entire time. I am an anti-social jerk. Maybe word got around to the regulars - one can only hope. However, just as I was about to leave (it was time for a change of venue), some skank sits down to my left and is falling all over the bar stool for a couple minutes. The bartender comes over and asks her what she wants and she says "Do you sell condoms in the ladies' bathroom?" And boy, I didn't expect to hear that. I don't know if they sell condoms in there or not, but it did give me hope that chope is really taking hold - at least in this one awful, cheap, disgusting dive bar - because none of the women in there need to be procreating.




I got a text from Geilfuss and he asked if I was interested in joining a fantasy league. So, I wrote back and asked - "Fantasy what? NASCAR?" I was way off. If I did join a fantasy NASCAR league, I would go with the 3 car in every race or a French guy named Bowyer. There is also a guy who resembles Jethro Bodine who races- I don't remember his name. Other than those 3 guys, I couldn't tell you anything about it. Watching guys drive around making left turns for hours is not very interesting. The old drunk guy at Charred Pork Bucket is a NASCAR fan and he told me a story one time about going to Daytona and hanging out with a couple dudes named Fireball Roberts and Lee Petty. I lost interest in the story after about 30 seconds. Damn the old drunk guy, he is long-winded most of the time. And I have a very short attention span. I get bored easily. And I often don't listen to a word people are saying, unless it is about me. I'm very into myself.


Well, my man Dennis Rodman got booted off the Celebrity Apprentice last night and it's just as well. The damn thing lasted 2 hours again. Rodman kept getting attacked by a homeless looking guy who is supposedly married to Sandy Bullock. This homeless looking guy kept going after Rodman for drinking on the job. And I kept thinking - He has to work with all these idiots. Who can blame him for drinking on the job? This is the last mention of the show you'll see on this blog - I'm never watching it again. Old Ivanka looked very demure though last night - she looked like she was down with the supine position. And that's not all bad.


I walked into the Henry Hudson Grille Saturday night about midway through the 1st half of the Nova/Pitt game. There was a brother sitting at the bar to my right and he says "I can tell by looking at you, that you got a big bet on this game." And he wasn't wrong about that. I think a lot of the bracket people were in there, because a vast majority of folks were pulling for Pitt. Me, I had Nova +2. And when Scottie Reynolds hit that leaner to win the game, I was outside smoking (thank god they had 4 big screen TVs out there on the patio) and went slightly crazy for a few seconds. Then one of the valets rushes over and he also had a bet on the Wildcats and we started celebrating like complete degenerate gamblers who know they just pulled one out of their asses. I enjoyed it immensely. Earlier, I had the over in the Mizzu/UConn game and it looked a little bleak. And I was getting agitated. And then Mizzu started to foul and then Mizzu made a few crazy shots and then the game went all the way to 157 and then I was relieved and financially healthier. Gambling - it's retarded.


I took this class one time and it was called Honors American History (and I have no idea what made it Honors or how someone as stupid as I am would be asked to be a part of anything labeled Honors). And the teacher was this guy named Bill Miller. And I liked the guy - he would always say - "A couple of three..." And that amused me when I paid attention to him, which, I admit, wasn't too often. But old Mr. Miller went on about the closing of the American Frontier at some length for days on end it seemed like. And he used to like to ask me questions, because I never read the assigned reading and I was always good for some silly BS answer he found amusing. So old Mr. Miller is going on about the closing of the American Frontier and he asks me toward the end of the lecture "_____ how do you think Turner (the guy who wrote the essay) would view the world today (if memory serves, Turner wrote the essay in 1899)?" And I thought for a few seconds and then replied "Well Mr. Miller, old Freddy Turner would probably enjoy viewing ALF, Growing Pains, and especially the Skinemax." Mr. Miller said "Asshole." But he was laughing when he said it. Good old Bill Miller. I spent a vast majority of Mr. Miller's class that year fixated on Amy Teske's thighs - it's no wonder I never paid any attention. I got an A minus somehow too - I have no idea. I guess I test well.


There was this guy I knew named Rommell Fadis and he wasn't in the Honors American History class I mentioned above, but I did play ball with him that same year. And I gotta say, he was the only brother on the team and he didn't start and barely played. And I felt a little bad for the kid. His father would come to the games and had to wonder - What the Fuck? I think Rommell was good at Chemistry, I recall him really getting into the lab work (He's probably a doctor or something now - I have no idea). But the poor kid couldn't ball.

I was reading an entry on the Faceshit last night and got exceedingly depressed. I won't get into it, but there was also a picture of Winona Ryder involved. And that's something at least.


It's like what Marcellus Wallace said "That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps."


TBFH




No comments: