Friday, March 27, 2009

The Old Timer With The Gigantic Piece of Carrot Cake


Urgent Score Update from Boston, Mass - Villanova 77 Duke 54.

It was absolutely beautiful. Duke was thrashed up and down the court the entire 2nd half - eviscerated. No entrails for the coach who resembles Hitler. It was my favorite game since last year when they choked against WVA or the year before when they choked against VCU or the year before that when they got killed by LSU or 2005 when they were manhandled in the 2nd half against Mich State or 2004 when UConn got them or 2003 against Kansas or 2002 when they blew that huge lead against Indiana and the coach who resembles Hitler wouldn't call a timeout - just like his mentor - Bobby Knight.


After the game I flipped over to ESPN News and watched old Coach K's press conference- and he needed some Demerol. He really did - I don't know where Wojo was, but it seems to me that his only job is to be sure old Coach K keeps a steady supply of narcotics in his system. I don't think the coach who resembles Hitler knew where he was or what just happened. Maybe his "back" was bothering him again. Good riddance til next March.


Huge night last night. The bet of the night was the over in the Memphis/Missouri game and when I saw that number on Monday I was stunned. It was 141. I would have put it at 153 or so. And there ended up being close to 200 points when the game finally ended. Also, big winners with both Xavier+6& 1/2 and Nova+2& 1/2. I missed a parlay on Memphis and the over, but everyone should be way up going into tonight's hard hitting action.


Right before tip-off of the Memphis/Mizzu game a dude I'd been talking to some at the Taco Crap said "Who you like in this one?" (Note - he had just suffered through 2 hours of me pulling hard for the Muskateers) And so I said "Go with the Tigers." He didn't really laugh or anything and just kind of sat there looking perplexed - so about 30 seconds pass and he goes "Oh, right they are both nicknamed the Tigers." And I said "You really are quick on the uptake." He had a pretty good sense of humor about it. He was trying to pick up some woman with red curly hair and had no luck at all. I felt for the kid. She probably thought he was a moron.


Fran has left the ATL for a few days and that is good news and all, but it means I gotta be in 2 places at once here for awhile. And not even I can pull that off. Fran did tell me she could get me backstage passes for the Fleetwood Mac concert next Tuesday (her niece is their tour manager or something) at Philips Arena. We'll see on that. As long as they play that song about the witch, I'm good.


I saw where Barack Hussein Obama had some web based town hall. And lots of potheads were writing in to him and begging him to legalize dope. And I don't touch the stuff myself, but the war on drugs is pointless and the money spent prosecuting joint smokers is asinine. So, old Barry had a chance to really reach out to one of his core constituents (the weed lovers) and he shot them down. I think he said something like "Even though I was a big bong hitter back in the day, I can't legalize it, because I'd look like I'm doing something that actually made sense." Idiot. The guy is breathtakingly hypocritical. And I thought of poor Jimmy - he tokes right in public anyway. I've seen him in bars with his one-hitter several times and old Barry really let Jimmy and his fellow doobie lovers down.


The damn Faceshit is really something. I keep getting contacted by people I barely remember from way back in the day. And one girl sent me this note the other day where she went into great detail about some musical the two of us were in together back when I was a sophomore in High School. And she was reminiscing about this one scene where I dropped her when the police bust up some party (the musical was called something like Hi, Hi, Nerdy). And I did recall what she was talking about. I was playing some dude who is like this Elvis type guy and is about to be drafted into the Army or Navy or something. The whole thing was pretty stupid. I've been trying to forget it for 22 years now and then this girl contacts me on the Faceshit and reminds me of it again. Awful. And I sincerely hope that any VHS tapes of that performance have long since been lost, destroyed, or no longer play from the ravages of being viewed over the past 22 years. You Gotta Be Sincere- my ass.


Although, if you see the movie version of the Hi, Hi, Nerdy - it does feature Ann Margaret. So, that's something at least.


I did get a chance to get out and play some trivia on Wed at some place called Henry Hudson Grille. And this old timer is sitting to my right and we both happened to have a financial interest in Notre Dame covering -3&1/2 against UK in the hard hitting and completely meaningless NIT. So, we got to talking a little and then this trivia question comes up about some movie quote and I have no idea - and the old timer says "The movie with Julia Roberts where she shows her cleavage." And I knew what he meant immediately. I never saw the thing, but I knew. I hear things. I'm not as dumb as I look. Then later, this old timer was eating a gigantic piece of carrot cake and I'd never seen anything like it in my life. But god bless him, he finished it. I liked the bar quite a bit. They had 50 cent shot specials every 1/2 hour. We came in 2nd for the trivia game - and needed a tie-breaker to even accomplish that. The host asked the population of Algiers as the tie-breaker. And I was damn close. The other team put 10 million. Losers. I did have a slight issue with the host - he wouldn't read my team name - he said it would offend folks- and I said "That's the point." If you're curious, the name was - Michelle Obama's Soiled Panties.


A kiss breath turpentine
My crush with eyeliner

-TBFH




No comments: