Monday, March 16, 2009

The Man Who Rocked The Checkered Blazer Better Than Bobby Knight


The most important update first - Rodman SURVIVED on the Celebrity Apprentice last night - even though he didn't show up for the challenge at all - he appeared to be sleeping one off (obviously). Anyway, Trump could not fire him - because as long as Rodman is on there someone might watch the stupid thing. Dennis is the only compelling person on the show and once they kick him off- that's it. It was highly amusing to watch Rodman walk the streets of Manhattan with a vodka cranberry in hand and hit on random women. At one point he compared himself to someone in the movie Ghost - I had no idea what he was talking about. And he called a buddy of his who provided a Russian stripper to his team - although it didn't help them at all. Next week's show is being billed as Dennis Rodman's meltdown - so that should be awesome. Dennis Fucking Rodman.


As far as the basketball bets went - we made a killing Friday and Saturday. Brandon texted me that he had turned $200 into $1000 in 2 days. I was on fire both days - the only thing I really missed was Auburn on Saturday - and Tennessee shot an amazing % from 3 - so...For the record - USC did cover Thursday night, then Friday night. Va. Tech did cover Friday. TOSU covered Friday. Miss St covered Friday and Saturday. Auburn covered Friday. BC covered Friday. La Tech covered Friday by 1/2 a point. Louisville covered Friday and Saturday. Florida St covered Saturday. Purdue covered Saturday. I hope everyone but J cashes out way ahead today.


I saw an email about a basketball pool - and basketball pools are stupid. The thing I hate about this time of year is everyone sitting around talking about their brackets. I don't give a shit about your brackets. No one does. And listening to the most casual hoops fans spitting back info they heard on ESPN or sports talk radio all week is enough to make me suicidal. Please, if you read this blog - do not talk about your brackets in public and DO NOT repeat anything that Duke Vitale or Dirk Diggler Phelps said. Or that moron Jay Bilas. They have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to picking games against the number - none. Now, Clark Kellogg I have a soft spot for because I used to watch him play in old St. John Arena when I was a kid. And he could ball before his knees slowed him down - believe me.


I was out the other day eating some wings at some wing place and there was a guy sitting next to me who I worked with at The Old Measuring Stick back in the day - and he didn't remember me (I'm a very forgettable person - completely nondescript). Anyway, this guy is named Billy and he has issues with his teeth (Billy doesn't have many). And Billy was sitting there and playing The Knowledge and this question comes up about Eliza Doolittle and I love that album Doolittle by the Pixies so I started screaming at Billy "Where did your teeth go Billy?" And "What the hell happened to your teeth Billy?" And the bartender comes over and says to me "I think it's best if you go now." And I said "But, shouldn't we help Billy look for his teeth first?" Billy just sat there. Idiot. Gutless idiot. I threw $20 on the bar and left that crappy wing place. It smelled like MSG in there for some reason and I didn't see any Chinamen. Lots of Obama voters though - and they smell just as bad. So,...


I was watching this thing last night called - Survive and Advance With Billy Packer - on Fox Sports South. And, unlike the Billy at the wing place, Billy Packer had all his teeth at least. But he had Bobby Knight on there as a guest and the 2 of them couldn't quit kissing each other's asses. It was awful. I kept expecting Jim Nantz to show up and say - "A tradition unlike any other." By the way, Bobby Knight needs to get back to wearing those checkered blazers - he looked really menacing in those things- when he threw that chair back in that game against Purdue - he was wearing a checkered blazer. And I bet when he got in that bar fight in Puerto Rico, he was also wearing a checkered blazer then. I always felt bad for old Eldon Miller, he seemed to wear the same gray suit every game - poor bastard. No checkered blazer for Eldon. The only guy who rocked the checkered blazer better than Bobby Knight was Wimp Sanderson. And that is a metaphysical certainty.


And if, it's a temporary lull - Why am I bored right out of my skull? - TBFH


No comments: